First Xbox One commercial

You keep tellin yourself that, cause you're certainly not convincing anyone.

The general consumer will be convinced of that though. As all they'll see in that commercial is that it's an expensive tv and sports box.

The general consumer will be convinced of that though. As all they'll see in that commercial is that it's an expensive tv and sports box.

It's on during the NFL.

Made to appeal to people watching that.

MS and EA will likely advertise plenty of Madden when there's actually something to advertise.

So the first commercial matches the reveal then. Games are an afterthought on the xbox one and it's all about tv and sports.

Or maybe, just bare with me on this, it was ade for the target audience, you know, the audience that would have been watching the TV at that exact time. It might just be possible they would have been in to the NFL... jus' sayin'.

It is a good commercial and it caters for a new audience base the Xbox One is going for.. NFL contracts, Racing team sponsorships, tv features, Huge emphasis on kinect.

They are trying to move away from the geeky halo/Xbox image and going for the jocks/sports enthusiasts. Making the Xbox more user friendly / simple, kinect (party games, dance, heart rate monitor, etc), interactive tv shows, sport contracts, free FIFA to European gamers (soccer is by far the major sport in Europe), Skype, almost everything about the Xbox One says its shifting target audiences from the previous gens.

It really makes me laugh when people continually try to take a dig at MS over the TV feature. Nope its not for everyone but there is still a lot of people who ARE excited about this.

I don't venture into the Sony forums much as I don't have much interest in the PS4 but when I do, I don't see it full of comments about how Sony are doing things wrong etc. As it was said, it was shown during the NFL so of course it's going to try and push to the audience. I can't imagine there are many adverts for Toyota Prius whilst the Nascar are on!

• Like 2

It really makes me laugh when people continually try to take a dig at MS over the TV feature. Nope its not for everyone but there is still a lot of people who ARE excited about this.

I don't venture into the Sony forums much as I don't have much interest in the PS4 but when I do, I don't see it full of comments about how Sony are doing things wrong etc. As it was said, it was shown during the NFL so of course it's going to try and push to the audience. I can't imagine there are many adverts for Toyota Prius whilst the Nascar are on!

How dare you bring common sense into a Xbox One thread!!!

• Like 1

So the first commercial matches the reveal then. Games are an afterthought on the xbox one and it's all about tv and sports.

It would have been really good idea to show Ryse / Forza commercial pregame (as spenser.d noted) instead of this, right? Right?

Everyone knows it plays bloody games who cares how the console looks playing em cus it isnt going get any better, they'll come to that at some point closer to but there showing off other things that the xbox can do to try catch a wider portion of people into buying it. Showing off the kinect to show how easy it is to use it for xbox on, skyping your friend using your voice having the NFL on with statistics running at the sides and bottom. etc your not going to be playing the xbox constantly at games for the next 10 years so its showing what else it can offer to entice people into buying it.

See unlike on these forums, people in the real world aren't going to forget that the Xbox is about games. Showing commercials like this during NFL games is a great way to show off new and relevant functionality that anyone watching an NFL game might be interested in.

• Like 3

See unlike on these forums, people in the real world aren't going to forget that the Xbox is about games. Showing commercials like this during NFL games is a great way to show off new and relevant functionality that anyone watching an NFL game might be interested in.

Sometimes people just don't get it...

I personally hate Madden... But Madden sells MILLIONS of copies every year on the Xbox Platform...  And those same people are REAL NFL JUNKIES...  So that means, there is a chance that 25-40 million Xbox One's, will be sold to Madden/NFL Junkies.... Oh and by the way... Those same JUNKIES LOVE FANTASY FOOTBALL as well....

"Xbox Play Madden"... Oh the game is on... "Xbox turn to CBS"... someone on fantasy team scores (highlight pops up on the side of the tv while your watching the game)... Xbox Sky John Doe... Friend pops up on screen trash talk a tad bit... Commercial... Xbox Play Madden...  

That little scenario above is worth $$$-Millions alone...  And if new features are implemented into that... well lets just say the $400 investment, can probably earn back 2x-3x more loot...

Has anyone not learned what an ecosystem does in the Tech world... My brother, sis-in-law-, nieces and nephews, refuse to leave i-world (iPod,Pad,Phone) because of the $$$ they have invested into that world... 

My friends, family, and myself, are not leaving Xbox because of the loot I have invested into the Xbox ecosystem... The above scenario also works for MILLIONS of AMERICAN (I hate Madden, but the rest is a WANT for me)...  

Xbox is becoming a one true connected ecosystem.  Not a broken experience.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

If this is actually from Kaz Hirai, then wow....  it comes off as "Yeah... well.... You're ugly!  And your mom is too!"  It just comes off as a very defensive statement, trying to be funny but not quite making it.  There's much less insulting comparisons than to a professional athlete, no matter what country the sport's from.  

If this is actually from Kaz Hirai, then wow....  it comes off as "Yeah... well.... You're ugly!  And your mom is too!"  It just comes off as a very defensive statement, trying to be funny but not quite making it.  There's much less insulting comparisons than to a professional athlete, no matter what country the sport's from.  

I think that is a parody account.. not the real Kaz.. at least i hope thats the case...

I think that is a parody account.. not the real Kaz.. at least i hope thats the case...

Ah, OK.  That makes more sense.

Yep...

CEO Kaz Hirai @KazHiraiCEO

CEO of SONY: voted the World's favorite consumer electronics company in 1982. PARODY ACCOUNT.

See unlike on these forums, people in the real world aren't going to forget that the Xbox is about games.

You do realize that the 'people in the real world' you speak of are the same people who struggled to figure out the wii u was a new console right? What makes you think they'll suddenly be more intelligent when it comes to the xbox one and know that this is a new gaming machine when all they're being shown is sports and skype?

You do realize that the 'people in the real world' you speak of are the same people who struggled to figure out the wii u was a new console right? What makes you think they'll suddenly be more intelligent when it comes to the xbox one and know that this is a new gaming machine when all they're being shown is sports and skype?

When MOST see Xbox... they see the CoD, Halo, Madden, Box... All video games... and people know that they are all video games...

People see the name Nintendo (no matter if hand held or console) they know its the Mario Box... and people just thought that the Wii-U was an add on to the video game console... so they still knew that it was associated with gaming...

Why cant we just accept this as one commercial targeted at NFL fans?  Why does this need to become a general attack on the X1's focus?

It's like people don't want them to advertise to anyone but gamers and advertise nothing but gaming. This one seemed to do a good job laying out what the X1 can offer NFL fans. Good for those NFL fans.

Why can't it be both?  This is a ridiculous argument in my opinion.  If ALL of the X1 commercials were this, then your on to something, but that's very unlikely to be true.