133 posts in this topic

Posted

Holy crap! I cannot believe the Jets pulled that one out. I won by ONE POINT :o and he had Julio Jones... thought I was done.

I love this sport!

Posted

Week 5 Results

TDs and Beer 186 vs Redzone 2 Endzone 112
Bryant's Beaters 161 vs CharismasCheeseheads 162
Mumble's Minions 130 vs Astra.Xtreme 81
soonerfreak 129 vs bguy_1986 129
aessap 117 vs Goon Squad 107

Another nice win, Charisma! But if you wouldn't mind losing next week, I'm trying to gain back that extra W in the rankings! I forgot all about the game last night until it was already over at about 11:30. Can't believe the Jets pulled it out!

Posted

I certainly won't go down without a fight! Best of luck though (to everyone) :D

I kept debating between Randle or Floyd for that spot, SO glad I made the right choice. Came down to luck in the end though honestly.

Posted

Anyone want to join a fantasy hockey league with me? I can't find anyone willing to play fantasy hockey, everyone says it's too much work so I'm joining a public league. I joined "Ice Cream Saturday" on Yahoo, drafting tonight at 8pm EST if anyone else wanted to join.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/reg/joinleague/private

Posted

I love Vernon Davis so much.

That is all.

(Different league, but he made the difference for me this week.)

Tough luck AJ. James Jones should have had a fantastic game, of course. I hope he gets well soon :(

Posted

Since we didn't get it posted last week, I'll put up the week 6 recap, although we are on week 7 now and that should get posted tomorrow night :)

Week 6 Results

CharismasCheeseheads 138 vs Mumble's Minions 103
Bryant's Beaters 78 vs aessap 114
soonerfreak 115 vs Astra.Xtreme 114
bguy_1986129 105 vs TDs and Beer 105  (wow, two ties in a row for bguy_1986!)
Redzone 2 Endzone 123 vs Goon Squad 96

Congrats to the winners :) a one-point win and a tie, what a week!

Posted

Week 7 Results
CharismasCheeseheads 152 vs soonerfreak 101
Bryant's Beaters 104 vs Redzone 2 Endzone 115
Mumble's Minions 123 vs aessap 100
bguy_1986 129 vs Astra.Xtreme 134
Goon Squad 112 vs TDs and Beer 132

Congrats to all this week's winners :)
Can you believe the Giants played so well last night? I know the Vikes really only have AP to speak of, and I thought NYG might win, but I didn't expect a blowout like that. Good on them.

Posted

Whew, much needed win even without Jacobs playing, which was a crappy pickup.

Posted

Thanks Charisma. I've been slammed at work recently and haven't had my forum browsing free time!

And damn, I hadn't seen that I got stat-corrected out of that win Week 6! No wonder things looked wrong when I was looking at the records Monday night. 

Posted

Aww =/ yeah, I considered not posting this week's yet, but I'll edit it if they change anything in the next couple of days.

Posted

In other news, reports are that J. Finley has a bruised spinal cord, but he's up and walking.  That was a super nasty hit he took, and we were a bit worried that it might be a career-ender.

Posted

Can you believe the Giants played so well last night? I know the Vikes really only have AP to speak of, and I thought NYG might win, but I didn't expect a blowout like that. Good on them.

Whoa. WHOA NOW :rofl: Did you see how many 3-and-outs the Giants had? They didn't play well, they just lucked into playing the Vikings at the best possible time heh. I stayed up to watch that game then wondered why I'd made the effort ^_^

Posted

Whoa. WHOA NOW :rofl: Did you see how many 3-and-outs the Giants had? They didn't play well, they just lucked into playing the Vikings at the best possible time heh. I stayed up to watch that game then wondered why I'd made the effort ^_^

Hahahaha, yeah, the Giants were absolutely awful. The Vikings were just that much worse. I'll give it to the Giants D, they didn't look too terribly bad, but they didn't have much to do. The star of the game was really Peyton Hillis who doesn't even play or work out anymore, haha.

Posted

In other news, reports are that J. Finley has a bruised spinal cord, but he's up and walking.  That was a super nasty hit he took, and we were a bit worried that it might be a career-ender.

I was so worried for him. He needs to get lots of rest, but I'm so glad there isn't any massive permanent damage. Get well soon, Finley <3

OK, you're right. I likened it to watching two minivans race. The competition is there, I suppose, but it's boring and rife with problems and not really something many people want to watch for three hours. It's a testament to how badly the Vikings played that they looked "good".

Posted

Hahahaha, yeah, the Giants were absolutely awful. The Vikings were just that much worse. I'll give it to the Giants D, they didn't look too terribly bad, but they didn't have much to do. The star of the game was really Peyton Hillis who doesn't even play or work out anymore, haha.

Haha, yup pretty much.  It helped that Freeman basically set a record for the worst QB performance in NFL history.

Posted

Insane points for Megatron last week.  Much needed boost in points.

Alright Charisma, ready to chalk up a loss!  :D

Posted

I hope not! But it could happen. Never realised how much I relied on Denver and SF until they're both on bye the same week. This is a sketchy week for both my teams :S

Posted

Insane points for Megatron last week.  Much needed boost in points.

Alright Charisma, ready to chalk up a loss!  :D

BOOOOOO CALVIN JOHNSON, BOOOOO!!!!!

I was killed by byes in both leagues last week, but might as well get it over with. Still won my other league, obviously not here. :laugh:

Week 8 Results

TDs and Beer 122 vs Astra.Xtreme 179
Bryant's Beaters 131 vs Goon Squad 152
Mumble's Minions 98 vs Redzone 2 Endzone 82
soonerfreak 122 vs aessap 115
bguy_1986 87 vs CharismasCheeseheads 133

Week 9 Matchups
TDs and Beer (4-3-1) vs Bryant's Beaters (1-7)
Mumble's Minions (5-3) vs Goon Squad (2-6)
soonerfreak (6-2)  vs Redzone 2 Endzone (2-6)
bguy_1986 (3-4-1) vs aessap (4-4)
Astra.Xtreme (5-3) vs CharismasCheeseheads (7-1)

Sorry for slacking on posting up everything, thanks Charisma for helping out too.

Posted

I found out last week that it's really hard to maintain an active interest in fantasy once the byes hit in earnest when more than half the teams in the league haven't changed since week 1. I'd like to join next year's Neowin league right now xD

Posted

I found out last week that it's really hard to maintain an active interest in fantasy once the byes hit in earnest when more than half the teams in the league haven't changed since week 1. I'd like to join next year's Neowin league right now xD

Man, you need to get in a league with people who actually play then. The Neowin league is semi active, most of us keep up with it fairly well, a few of us stay on top of it. My other money league you don't get a second to sleep on it or else you'll miss every opportunity that arises. Bye weeks are what make it interesting when there aren't many players available as free agents.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have the worst luck with my team this year.  Every single player on my team has missed time due to injuries.  This week it's Aaron Rodgers, next week it's probably going to be my punter.  

Posted

Man, nice game Astra. Andre Johnson blew up!

I was actually at Green Bay Monday night for that game. It was such an awesome experience! But then I watched Aaron get hit >.< I was so disappointed we lost, but more concerned about him and the viability of the team going forward. :S

1 person likes this

Posted

Man, nice game Astra. Andre Johnson blew up!

I was actually at Green Bay Monday night for that game. It was such an awesome experience! But then I watched Aaron get hit >.< I was so disappointed we lost, but more concerned about him and the viability of the team going forward. :s

Oh wow, I bet your heart sunk.  I know mine did.  With A-Rodg out, we might have to worry about even making the playoffs.  :cry:

I think they activated the ex-Badger Tolzien, so it would be neat to see him step in and do well.

Posted

ALRIGHT CHARISMA, IT'S TIME TO LOSE!

Week 9 Results

TDs and Beer 129 vs Bryant's Beaters 151
Mumble's Minions 116 vs Goon Squad 96
soonerfreak 113  vs Redzone 2 Endzone 176
bguy_1986 144 vs aessap 138
Astra.Xtreme 130 vs CharismasCheeseheads 113

Week 10 Matchups
TDs and Beer (4-4-1) vs CharismasCheeseheads (7-2)
Bryant's Beaters (2-7) vs Mumble's Minions (6-3)
soonerfreak (6-3)  vs Goon Squad (2-7)
bguy_1986 (4-4-1) vs Redzone 2 Endzone (3-6)
Astra.Xtreme (6-3) vs aessap (4-5)
1 person likes this

Posted

ALRIGHT CHARISMA, IT'S TIME TO LOSE!

She has a playoff spot locked up, so she can probably play benchwarmers from here on out.  :D

1 person likes this