uk m525 m305 mx518

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 ZakO

ZakO

Neowinian

• 1,042 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:58

As long as you keep the original packaging, notify them within 30 days (ideally within 7 days, to comply with DSR), and don't damage the mouse you will be able to return it to Amazon even after opening it. They charge £4 for the return delivery if it's not faulty though.

#17 +Zag L.

Zag L.

Neowinian

• 887 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64Gb

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:04

I'm looking at this mouse on the Logitech site right now and not only does it not say full sized but it even shows it in the palm of a persons hand. Doesn't look full size at all... it's pretty obvious looking at that picture. 

#18 OP Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,379 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:13

I'm looking at this mouse on the Logitech site right now and not only does it not say full sized but it even shows it in the palm of a persons hand. Doesn't look full size at all... it's pretty obvious looking at that picture. 

1) Look at the meta page title. The meta page title is also what Google uses in its search results. Therefore the first result when you search for M525 in Google is "M525 Full-Size Wireless Laser Mouse - Logitech". So yes, it does say 'full sized'.

2) The hand could be of any size. I used the page name from Google - it should be bigger if they want to use that terminology.

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,365 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:17

If it came to dispute there would be discussion.  If "Full size" is not defined, then you'd not be able to argue it.

Love you pal ;)

#20 OP Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• 20,379 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:18

If it came to dispute there would be discussion.  If "Full size" is not defined, then you'd not be able to argue it.

Love you pal ;)

Then they're cheeky gits who know full well what they're doing :p

#21 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,029 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 19:37

How are you getting on with the whole thing?

Also if you can, get a look at a Logitech G5 mouse, it's a gaming mouse, but it's simple compared to the latest gaming mice

left, right click, and a back button, (there's dpi settings buttons, but you can just ignore those as they don't get in the way)

I've added a pic, so you can get an idea of size, next to a pint glass

20130907_203434.jpg

#22 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• 12,802 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 22:56

I don't know why your first instinct is to jump to your local consumer protection legislation when Amazon's policies almost certainly beats whatever that might provide you. I've yet to come across an electronics retailer that doesn't take opened-packages and Amazon is the best of all of them. The whole point of a return policy is that you can try it out to be sure you really like what you're buying (so they move more units initially that more reluctant buyers wouldn't have went for without the assurance, and a portion of those buyers end up deciding they like it or too lazy to return it).

#23 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,493 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 18:34

I ordered a Logitech M525 mouse from Amazon. The Logitech website states in its page title "Full-size mouse"

It arrived today and by looking through the transparent plastic cover and comparing the size physically to other mice, it is only slightly larger than my partner's Logitech M305 laptop mouse and no where near as large as my standard size Logitech MX518 mouse (I, of course, expected the M525 to be the size of the MX518).

I'm sure Amazon will accept the return without any issues as it is, but what if I was to open the packaging?

I ask, because I want to take it out of its packaging to try it to at least see if I can get used to it. Then I wouldn't have to return it.

You have 30 days to return it and get a full refund for what ever reason.

If it is past 30 days, just return it anyway and say it stopped working.

They don't check.

Returns are free.

Just also to mention if you are not happy with personal hygiene items, nose clippers, anything that touches you and can't be washed, pills etc, they refund you and ask you to dispose

of the items.

I had a homedics item which touches the skin, phoned for a replacement cause not working and they said chuck it and sent me a new one.

Amazon are pretty good never had a problem in around 13 years.

#24 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:45

If it's a Blisterpack (i.e. You need to cut into it to get into it), you should be okay as long as you've opened it neatly. I think they'd have an issue if you've eaten your way into it and thrown the cardboard part away. :p