Photo

NSA cracked most on-line encryption

usa britain encryption technology internet users propublica code-breaking documents leaked

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,125 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:05

ILikeTobacco, on 06 Sept 2013 - 15:06, said:

So now you are claiming the NSA is stealing my bank account info and emptying my accounts? Got proof? I monitor my bank daily and since they have that info, they must be stealing it right? No changes to my bank account yet. I think I am good.

So that's where all my wages go! I thought I spent it frivolously in the first 2 weeks of the month! :p 

#62 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,461 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:28

You are right. I'm not from the USA. I pay federal and state tax in the USA just for ****s and giggles.

Looks like serious discussion isn't happening here. I bow out.

#63 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:59

What the NSA is doing is wrong and immoral. It's as bad as what any hacker that's ever cracked into something they weren't suppose to.

#64 Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Atomic Wanderer Chicken

Assistant Special Agent Chicken in charge

• 3,699 posts
  • Phone: Motorola MicroTAC Elite

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:18

I don't have anything to hide, however if something is meant to be private, the NSA or anyone else should not be reading it, unless they have a reason! If they have can read our emails, why cant we read their emails? Who knows what kind of information they are reading. I heard the companies make encryption just weak enough for the NSA to get through it.  The NSA should have a significant reduction of their powers to these unlawful and unjust reading of emails.  Better yet the NSA should be dismantled and totally dissolved. What they are capable of doing is very scary.

#65 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,330 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:19

What the hell are you talking about. Who says anyone will be missing money

If that happens, it's because you were targeted for a reason. And money will be the least of your concerns. Pretty sure they don<t go after money anyway.

Stop acting like an idiot.

Sensing this is a child behind the computer screen if not...a mindset of one.

#66 Ian W

Ian W

Neowinian Werewolf

• 1,544 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:31

The National Security Agency, working with the British government, has secretly been unraveling encryption technology that billions of Internet users rely upon to keep their electronic messages and confidential data safe from prying eyes, according to published reports based on internal U.S. government documents.

But I thought that if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide?

It's still hard to fathom how some are complacent with this. Not only is it a violation of individual privacy and unconstitutional, but it is also potentially dangerous.