Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thelordofdarkness

Making/Recording Songs - Help Needed

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, this is a very noob question but any help would be great to get started right away

Me and my friend, we both sing what we think is

What is the actual point of a studio? Does it make the sound clearer of our vocals or something?

Recording studios have rooms that are acoustically treated to minimise unwanted reverberations, equipment that has very low signal-to-noise ratios and employees experienced in sound recording. For instance, it's all very well going out and buying expensive equipment and software yourself but if you don't know how to use it properly then your results aren't going to be very good. That's why hiring a recording studio is a great place to get started, even though it can be quite costly.

Can people help in terms of what we should download to start? Or if there is something to help us to make our sound and songs good?

If you're starting from basics then you can grab Reaper for free and head to the forums for advice. You'll also need a decent recording interface to capture the sound if you don't already have one, something like the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Do you have a microphone and pop-shield? If not then you could grab something like the Audio Technica AT2020 and this.

Me and my friend, we both sing what we think is

1 person likes this