Sony Promising The News We've "Been Waiting For" Tomorrow

Is this the news people were waiting for perhaps?

PS4 launches in Japan on February 22nd

One notable omission from the PlayStation 4 launch information provided at Gamescom was any hint of a date for Sony's homeland of Japan. At a press conference today, however, Sony revealed that the next-generation console will be released on February 22nd, 2014, priced at ?39,980.

Source: The Verge

Is this the news people were waiting for perhaps?

PS4 launches in Japan on February 22nd

One notable omission from the PlayStation 4 launch information provided at Gamescom was any hint of a date for Sony's homeland of Japan. At a press conference today, however, Sony revealed that the next-generation console will be released on February 22nd, 2014, priced at ?39,980.

Source: The Verge

Japanese sites are saying ?41,979 and ?46,179 for PS4/Camera bundle.

How dare the OP tease us with the Last Guardian.

I'm so over getting excited for that game after they pretty much put it on the back burner.  If it comes, great, but I'm not going to get hyped before then.

Otherwise, its surprising that there was no VR announcement, It seemed fairly sure.  Instead, I guess the biggest unknown, was the Vita TV thing.  Of course there was some good game info, but I was trying to find out which of the new games announced were exclusives.

Massively underwhelming conference but it was for Japan so not too surprised. Sony really sucks at these things when they're not point scoring from MS

Massively underwhelming conference but it was for Japan so not too surprised. Sony really sucks at these things when they're not point scoring from MS

Yeah, I know some will find this offensive and its not meant to be, but Sony got a lot of free pr brownie points just by taking digs at MS. 

Each of their conference events since the first X1 reveal have gotten 'artificial' boosts from taking digs at MS. So in effect they got more traction out of beating up the other guy vs promoting their own product.  Not to say they don't have a good product, but their events have been largely flat if you remove the digs at MS. This event was devoid of that and yeah, it was a bit flat.

Free radioactive water with every PS4 purchase.

I know I shouldn't have,  but I lold

MS shouldn't have made themselves such an easy target. Any business in Sony's position would have done the same.

MS shouldn't have made themselves such an easy target. Any business in Sony's position would have done the same.

No doubt, but the point remains.  Sony has coasted along in many ways thanks to that.

idk if I like that. I have enough LEDs and flashing lights in my room I cover or disable.

The blueish light on my Samsung TV hasn't been turned on in last 5 years - it was promptly disabled on first use. I guess it looks cool but mostly pointless because it will be hidden.

I hope it's an announcement of Ubuntu for PS4.

Haha, then they'll just remove it a year later with an update...lol

I wonder how much the vertical stand will cost? (as shown in that GIF).

I remember nearly speaking my mind and nearly telling the retailer at Curry's to "f*&% off!?" at ?19.99 for the PS2 vertical stand.

I wonder how much the vertical stand will cost? (as shown in that GIF).

I remember nearly speaking my mind and nearly telling the retailer at Curry's to "f*&% off!?" at ?19.99 for the PS2 vertical stand.

this is the only one I could find

http://www.gamespier.com/engine/shop/product/B1999/PS4+Vertical+Stand

(off topic, I would like to know how some people mask the actual link text with one they set themselves (like when they use the word 'here' and it's a link)