Xbox One ends up in leaker's hand, dashboard shown on video

The tile interface.

I don't mind it being 1 large area that scrolls for different functions, but anything that resembles Windows 8 should be killed IMO :P

Thank god we'll only have to suffer it for a couple of years at least before they redesign (presumably).

The tile interface.

I don't mind it being 1 large area that scrolls for different functions, but anything that resembles Windows 8 should be killed IMO :p

Thank god we'll only have to suffer it for a couple of years at least before they redesign (presumably).

So you are referring to the section that was shown to the left that is a bunch of green small tiles?

If you are, then the good part about that is that its the pinned tile section.  That means you can, in theory, remove all of those tiles, resize the ones that you want to keep, and possibly change the colors.

Your right though, like windows 8, it will be improved over time. 

I haven't watched the video since it was leaked & I think it was removed? But yes when the guy scrolled left it had icons for things usually buried in Account, Profile etc like today's dash, aka clutter and mess.

Clean, minimal, straight forward. How all UI should be (Y)

Not a million boxes on show that I don't need to see day to day (N)

Thank god Sinofsky is gone :yes:

Ah ok, then you should feel better because that section can be customized, so it doesn't have to be cluttered like that.

I know I wont have many pins there.

The other sections of the UI are as you said, clean minimal and straight forward.  The Home section has a large tile with the game your playing and then the other sections to the right have a large tile to choose the section.  We haven't seen what the section look like in detail. 

Thank god Sinofsky is gone :yes:

What does that have to do with anything. He neither designed or approved the modern UI. The one who was primarily in charge or Modern UI is now in charge of windows, and modern UI is going to be the base of the continued UI development of all MS devices and software. So get used to the tiles. They're not going anywhere.

Besides they're nice and clean, far better than any alternative I've seen yet. And you don't have to create a messy pinned tile section like the guy in the video.

Ah ok, then you should feel better because that section can be customized, so it doesn't have to be cluttered like that.

I know I wont have many pins there.

The other sections of the UI are as you said, clean minimal and straight forward.  The Home section has a large tile with the game your playing and then the other sections to the right have a large tile to choose the section.  We haven't seen what the section look like in detail. 

That's not what I said, I wasn't talking about X1's UI :p

got to play with one when i was a techEd NZ, but i could only play the console game. Wouldn't let me into the menu system and pressing the xbox home button showed me nothing, very locked down.

That's not what I said, I wasn't talking about X1's UI :p

Ah ok, but it is true.

The other sections he showed, the home screen and then the access to market sections looked clean and straight forward.

There was very little clutter and no Ads, both of which make for an easier to use interface.  You can't get much cleaner then a couple large tiles with your content.

I hope they show it in action next week in Burlington, Mass. I will be driving there with a friend. :)

I was thinking about heading out to Burlington Mass to check it out as well...

I hope they show it in action next week in Burlington, Mass. I will be driving there with a friend. :)

If they do and they let you take pics/vids then do so.

Cutting edge always bleeds. Anyone who adopted a PS3 or a Wii U early on will agree with me on this. I paid $827 to play motorstorm and heavily regretted it as the PS3 was a POS at that time. I couldn't even read the menus without throwing down another $25 for the component cables.

If they do and they let you take pics/vids then do so.

Sure. :) I think looking at the interest in that event on Reddit, there will be many even if I don't end up taking any photos/vids.

Here is a little more info that has come out of TGS:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4747514/xbox-ones-recents-home-screen-based-on-360-users-playing-habits

So the first screen you see, which is the home screen, aka not the wall of tiles you guys have commented on which would be the pins section to the left, will show content based on what you were recently doing.

So that means whatever apps, games, media, etc that you were using will populate the home screen.

Here is a little more info that has come out of TGS:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4747514/xbox-ones-recents-home-screen-based-on-360-users-playing-habits

So the first screen you see, which is the home screen, aka not the wall of tiles you guys have commented on which would be the pins section to the left, will show content based on what you were recently doing.

So that means whatever apps, games, media, etc that you were using will populate the home screen.

Nice.  I go to recents a lot right now so it'll be cool to not even have to do that.