Redesigned PS Vita coming to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors

Redesigned PS Vita coming to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors

ps_vita_colors.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

A redesigned version of PlayStation Vita is heading to Japan on Oct. 10 in six colors and with a more lightweight hardware design, it was announced during today's Sony conference from Japan.

The PCH-2000 series is 20 percent thinner and 15 percent lighter than current PS Vita models. It features a 5-inch LCD display, alongside a 1 GB memory card and an expanded battery life that takes its full battery life to six hours. The redesign comes in white, blue, yellow, pink, grey and black colored models and is said to offer more casual usability.

Sony also announced a new 64 GB memory card, slated to release at a later date.

The new model will be available on Oct. 10 in Japan, with a price point of 18,980 yen. No North American release date or price point was announced during the conference.

Source: Polygon

LOL, it still has the proprietary overexpensive memory cards. That 64GB one will cost an arm and a leg.

Yeah, it was a dick move.

And until you can run PSP backups on it, I won't be purchasing any Vita.

Hmmm, that's not much a of a redesign, especially with the change in screen tech. 

I really wish they would switch to SD cards, but they much make too much money selling the proprietary cards.

I'm not a fan of OLED but that's a pretty big downgrade IMO. The colour choices are nasty too.

I know it probably doesn't bother most but the screws are really bloody annoying too. They couldn't spare the extra ?1 for rubber stoppers or cover them with stickers? Such an eye sore.

Well there is definitely a visible difference, but I'm not sure if its good or bad to be honest.

In fact, I like the look of the lcd model better in that screen.  The top screen looks like it has a blue cast to everything, while the bottom image seems to have more faithful colors. I guess there could be things affecting it like lighting or angle of view, but I actually like the lcd look better.