Photo

Apple: iOS 7, iPhone 5C/S, ETC Live Blog news

official iphone ios 7 os x mavericks

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you expect to see during the Apple Media Event keynote?

What do you expect to see during the Apple Media Event keynote?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• 1,773 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 11 September 2013 - 13:27

I sure do understand that, but if Apple wants to compete with an Android/Samsung market, they will need to be more competitive. Quality only goes so far if you don't have more money in your wallet. I love Apple products, but can see where price can be an issue.

That's what the 4S is for...free on contract...Apple never bring out low-end models, they're high-end just become the low end over time. same way you can get a Galaxy S3 for free on contract...

If you have an issue with the price go for the 4S...the 5C is still a new phone...OK its made of plastic...so is the Galaxy S4..did you expect that to be cheap...no cause its a high end phone just made of plastic, same as the 5C...I'm struggling to see what people have to complain about.

#92 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 September 2013 - 13:40

Hmm... forget what I said. Apparently the prices I originally saw were inaccurate.

The 5C does seem to be priced decently. It's not a great deal, but it also has no competition except for the 4S and 5S being that it's iPhone. It's certainly not a "low cost" iPhone like we originally thought it would be though.

#93 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,894 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:12

To anyone that thought Apple would ever release a "budget" device, I have this to say.

Apple are a premium brand company. They have NEVER targeted the bulk consumer audience and never will. They sell based on their name and reputation, and they charge top dollar for that. Releasing a product priced for a budget market would severely damage that name, and they would never be able to compete with the bulk manufacturers like Samsung anyway, so they don't even try.

Don't ever expect to see budget models for any of Apple's products. The 5C is a fashion phone, designed to appeal to the people who like the bold colours of the Lumia's, but want Apple's premium brand, nothing more.

#94 heslo

heslo

Neowinian

• 695 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:17

They have NEVER targeted the bulk consumer audience and never will.

That's exactly who they've been selling to

#95 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• 1,773 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:21

That's exactly who they've been selling to

No they've been selling to the bulk or the Western World (well developed World) many of whom do have enough money to buy a top end phone.

If you look at the world as a whole, then Apples phones are very high end and are not targeted at the bulk of the worlds population.

I completely agree with FatMan, anyone expecting the 5C to be cheap was mistaken from the start.