George Zimmerman taken into police custody in Florida

George Zimmerman was taken into custody Monday after an apparent domestic altercation at a home in Lake Mary, Florida, police said.

"As of right now, he has been placed in investigative detention," Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

Hudson said three parties were involved in the altercation.

The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

Hudson added that police are following procedure by placing Zimmerman in investigative detention.

"Anytime we have anybody suspected of doing anything, we place them in investigative detention until a complete investigation has been done," Hudson said.

Lake Mary is a suburb of Orlando near Sanford.

Source - CNN

cnn is saying there was a gun but it wasn't part of the altercation

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/us/george-zimmerman-detained/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

"As of right now, (George Zimmerman) has been placed in investigative detention," Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said.

The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was found not guilty of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

Hudson said a gun was found in the Lake Mary home, but he added that it was not a part of the altercation.

Someone who publicly got away with murder's life is falling apart, and he couldn't handle it... Big surprise.

$100 says he'll be dead or in prison within 5 years.

Or perhaps he was unstable in the first place, his life was already falling apart and this pattern continues. Just like OJ couldn't stop his crazy self.

In other news, someone got a speeding ticket just this minute.

Yes, people get detained in this manner as routinely as speeding tickets are issued... I'm with you on this one. Not really.

• Like 2

Weird seems like every other week the cops are pulling him over, or something happens.

I've been pulled over 1 time in 5 years, maybe im just not heroic enough like him.

More like you aren't in the public spotlight.

When everyone is watching, we hear about it. 

No, more like when you're speeding and breaking the law.

Half the time the cops pulled him over they didn't even know who he was til he said who he was, or they ran his ID.

Cops 5 states away from Florida arent out looking for him.

When is the last time a copy pulling someone over for speeding made the news?

Or a domestic dispute?

Answer: Unless it was someone in the public spotlight, never.

News media doesn't report unless they think it will sell.

Or perhaps he was unstable in the first place, his life was already falling apart and this pattern continues. Just like OJ couldn't stop his crazy self.

That's extremely likely to be the case.

Whether he ever would of ended up killing someone if he had never ran into Martin is extremely hard to say, there's a good chance not. However, since he did kill Martin, he's spiralling. 

For this to be happening so soon after the "good news", i.e. being found not guilty of murder, shows a lot of instability.

Weird seems like every other week the cops are pulling him over, or something happens.

I've been pulled over 1 time in 5 years, maybe im just not heroic enough like him.

Not the first time for him. He was harassed before by police after he protested the racist treatment of the cops towards blacks. The police didn't like that to much and harassed him for some time.

The fact that the media reports it doesn't excuse that its happening. Media can't report stuff that doesn't happen.

Whether the media reports it or not, he's still breaking the law an awful lot.

Speeding is a common law broken by a very large amount of people.

Domestic disputes are common as well.

I am not sure where this fairy tale world of where everyone follows the laws and people are always on their best behavior exists, but it certainly isn't the US.

I've been jailed in the past for breaking the law.

I've been ticketed speeding.

I killed someone else with my car in a car accident.

Guess which one made the news?  And it was there for one day.  Why?  Because the media didn't make money off of it to keep it there any longer.

If Zimmerman hadn't been in the public spotlight, we would have never heard about these things.

The fact that the media reports it doesn't excuse that its happening. Media can't report stuff that doesn't happen.

Whether the media reports it or not, he's still breaking the law an awful lot.

That's right. And, this situation is much more significant than his other brushes with the law.

He was in a domestic altercation with his soon to be ex-wife and another person. He did something in that altercation that warranted the police taking him into custody for an investigation. This is pretty serious, even if he isn't charged with anything.

If Zimmerman will go to these lengths in an altercation with his wife, I wonder how far he'd take it with a 17 year old kid he chased in the dark and the rain?

That's extremely likely to be the case.

Whether he ever would of ended up killing someone if he had never ran into Martin is extremely hard to say, there's a good chance not. However, since he did kill Martin, he's spiralling. 

For this to be happening so soon after the "good news", i.e. being found not guilty of murder, shows a lot of instability.

Anyone that resists arrest with violence against a police officer is just generally unstable IMO. Even if it's later reduced. That's just not normal or well-balanced behavior. If you'll get violent with a police officer ...

• Like 2

I am not sure where this fairy tale world of where everyone follows the laws and people are always on their best behavior exists, but it certainly isn't the US.

Ya, I can tell you that killing someone with your car, and being placed in police custody for a domestic altercation with your wife are not all that common.

You should keep that under your hat as well. It doesn't make you terribly credible on this topic... I certainly hope you've never gotten a speeding ticket since killing someone behind the wheel.

Guess which one made the news?  And it was there for one day.  Why?  Because the media didn't make money off of it to keep it there any longer.

If Zimmerman hadn't been in the public spotlight, we would have never heard about these things.

You're probably right. But being in the news might be the only thing that gets him the help he needs before you crashes and burns, though he has already caused (this is JMO) one death.

You are right, most domestic abuse doesn't make the news until the abuser finally kills or seriously mames their spouse or other target of the abuse.

Ya, I can tell you that killing someone with your car, and being placed in police custody for a domestic altercation with your wife are not all that common.

You should keep that under your hat as well. It doesn't make you terribly credible on this topic... I certainly hope you've never gotten a speeding ticket since killing someone behind the wheel.

Nice assumption.

It is true that my car killed someone.  It is also true that they caused the car accident and it couldn't be avoided.  Oh should I mention that the other driver had alcohol in their system?

My credibility isn't in question here.  Common sense is.  People in the public spotlight attract news media.

BTW, car accidents involving death are VERY COMMON.

Please its a domestic violence case happens all the time.  She left him right after the trial and then he shows up at her house today and the dad got aggressive about him leaving and they fought a little.  

This would not be on national news if it was not zimmerman or someone famous.   Just like Miley Cyrus or or whoever Zimmerman is forever going to be watched for every screw up he does. And yeah he killed Trayvon but he did not murder him and thats teh end of that.  He didnt get away with jack.

Nice assumption.

It is true that my car killed someone.  It is also true that they caused the car accident and it couldn't be avoided.

My credibility isn't in question here.  Common sense is.  People in the public spotlight attract news media.

Ah... Common sense then says that someone died in a car accident you were involved in, and not that you killed someone as you said.

Yes, media does let us know what is happening with certain people and not others... Good common sense sir. 

Please its a domestic violence case happens all the time.  She left him right after the trial and then he shows up at her house today and the dad got aggressive about him leaving and they fought a little.  

This would not be on national news if it was not zimmerman or someone famous.   Just like Miley Cyrus or or whoever Zimmerman is forever going to be watched for every screw up he does. And yeah he killed Trayvon but he did not murder him and thats teh end of that.  He didnt get away with jack.

Finally, a voice of reason.

I salute you, sir.

Ah... Common sense then says that someone died in a car accident you were involved in, and not that you killed someone as you said.

You are arguing semantics.

I said killed.  Not murdered, heh.

I'm wondering if people have forgotten the stress that this man lives with every day.

His family receives MULTIPLE death threats EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. On top of that, his wife is now leaving him.

Has no one else every gotten stressed to the point they lash out?  Chances are he was heated, and got taken in to cool down. Not because he put a beating in on his wife, or killed someone.

How about you let your fake society-induced-hate for this guy stop clouding your thoughts and take **** as it is.  Dude is more stressed than you will EVER be. Don't be so quick to judge those that you can't relate to.