• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#91 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

Neowinian Senior

• 2,534 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:25

ok she claims all this after LYING about the families finances.. oh yeah.. she's really believable... lovely family

I was about to make that point - i mean her credibility is shot - she could easily have something against him and what better than to add insult to the divorce than to have him tossed in jail for supposedly hitting her father and pulling a gun on her.

#92 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:38

You obviously did miss it...it's what actually happened.

Convictions:

Trayvon Martin: aggravated assault & battery, intent to kill or maim

It's a never ending source of "WTF" moments when people like you come into threads like this and you don't even bother to have a cursory knowledge of the most basic facts. You watch a few minute recap on CNN every night and read the messages of semi-literate fools on Twitter and think you have a clue. You then think you're equipped to make comments.

Seriously...actually know what you're talking about before you engage your keyboard.

Actually, I don't watch CNN, and this wasn't about Martin, you brought up his conviction to support what you obviously believe in your mind which is apparently easieer than the reality that a great deal of the population believe Zimmerman got away with murder and do not excuse his past or present behavior nor believe he is a hero.

What I do know, is exactly what I said which doesn't change with the fact that I missed Martin being convicted, it's not like he would have been able to defend himself. It doesn't change the fact that several jurors believe him guilty of murder but based on the law, had to acquit, something I agree with.

Nor is it relevant to this thread or Zimmerman's behavior prior and afterwards.

Even now, it is only in a "CNN" discussion that I find that Trayvon Martin was found "Guilty" which is implicitly implied based on Zimmerman's "Not Guilty."

I have yet to find that Trayvon Martin was tried and convicted of anything, but I am quite interested if you can provide a link?

#93 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,871 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:54

Actually, I don't watch CNN, and this wasn't about Martin, you brought up his conviction to support what you obviously believe in your mind which is apparently easieer than the reality that a great deal of the population believe Zimmerman got away with murder and do not excuse his past or present behavior nor believe he is a hero.

What I do know, is exactly what I said which doesn't change with the fact that I missed Martin being convicted, it's not like he would have been able to defend himself. It doesn't change the fact that several jurors believe him guilty of murder but based on the law, had to acquit, something I agree with.

Nor is it relevant to this thread or Zimmerman's behavior prior and afterwards.

Even now, it is only in a "CNN" discussion that I find that Trayvon Martin was found "Guilty" which is implicitly implied based on Zimmerman's "Not Guilty."

I have yet to find that Trayvon Martin was tried and convicted of anything, but I am quite interested if you can provide a link?

Astounding ignorance. It doesn't matter a jot what the jurors or anyone else "thinks". They're there to apply the law as it stands in the jurisdiction. Trials are interested in the proven facts. Not conjecture, hearsay or opinion.

The point of enlightening you as to Martin's conviction (which you seemingly still have a problem accepting is true) is to help you understand why Zimmerman could never be convicted of "murder". Actually read again what Martin was convicted of and then think through the implications of trying to convict the other guy of a murder.

Please, just go.

#94 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 10 September 2013 - 14:58

Astounding ignorance. It doesn't matter a jot what the jurors or anyone else "thinks". They're there to apply the law as it stands in the jurisdiction.

The point of enlightening you as to Martin's conviction is to help you understand why Zimmerman could never be convicted of "murder". Actually read again what Martin was convicted of and then think through the implications of trying to convict the other guy of a murder.

Please, just go.

Please provide a link to the conviction if you have it. I said I would be interested in the details of it, but can't find any. Of course it matters what the juror's "think" if you're discussing what people "think" about Zimmerman now.

Kind of like many don't accept OJs not guilty ..

#95 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,871 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:31

Please provide a link to the conviction if you have it. I said I would be interested in the details of it, but can't find any. Of course it matters what the juror's "think" if you're discussing what people "think" about Zimmerman now.

Kind of like many don't accept OJs not guilty ..

http://bit.ly/1eA9ARz (if any of the links have comments sections, they're likely to be hilarious reads)

#96 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,151 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 10 September 2013 - 16:10

Yes actually Manitoba isn't a friendly place to live in some parts. Winnipeg was the murder capital for a looooong time.

I'm sorry. I also have to laugh at your assertions on regarding the deadly "Indian Posse" in Winnepeg roaming around causing terror and mayhem across the province. Compared to American cities you northerners have no idea what "bad" areas are like or murders for that matter...

I mean Winnepeg, the "murder capital", had a murder rate of 4.2 per 100,000 persons at its peak or 54 for the year in 2011.

Philadelphia had a murder rate of 20 per 100,000 persons in 2010 or 306 for 2010... It was up to 324 in 2012. We tend to cross the annual rate for Winnepeg before we get out of January...

To me, there is no "dangerous" part of Canada. I mean the whole country has a murder rate only slightly higher than the one American city I live in...

But I can see how it is scary if that's the scariest thing you've ever seen. When I was living in the worst areas of the city you actively heard gun fights every night of the year... 365 days a year. Your risk of getting shot was very real and very well understood.

#97 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2

• 880 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIV (CM11), iPhone 4S

Posted 10 September 2013 - 16:38

I'm sorry. I also have to laugh at your assertions on regarding the deadly "Indian Posse" in Winnepeg roaming around causing terror and mayhem across the province. Compared to American cities you northerners have no idea what "bad" areas are like or murders for that matter...

I mean Winnepeg, the "murder capital", had a murder rate of 4.2 per 100,000 persons at its peak or 54 for the year in 2011.

Philadelphia had a murder rate of 20 per 100,000 persons in 2010 or 306 for 2010... It was up to 324 in 2012. We tend to cross the annual rate for Winnepeg before we get out of January...

To me, there is no "dangerous" part of Canada. I mean the whole country has a murder rate only slightly higher than the one American city I live in...

But I can see how it is scary if that's the scariest thing you've ever seen. When I was living in the worst areas of the city you actively heard gun fights every night of the year... 365 days a year. Your risk of getting shot was very real and very well understood.

Okay. You can't compare the States murder rates to Canadas' because

1) Lower poverty rates in Canada (huuuuge contribution to crime of any sort)
2) Ability to procure weapons (guns, etc). - a LOT easier in the States than in Canada
3) lower population density in the poverty stricken areas,
4) Less gangs, less drugs and less money involved, so obviously they wouldn't be killing at the same rate.

5) Attitudes of the population. We don't have the "I'm tougher than you so I'm going to kill you and peel your skin off" attitude up here, even with gangs.

Also, the murder rate isn't quite indicitive of the violent crime rates or how dangerous a city really is. There's stabbings and violent assaults every day. most for no reason.

One guy in a wheelchair got stabbed and beat up because he wouldn't give someone a toonie.... I'd say that's rather dangerous, when the savages don't have enough respect for themselves or other to not bother a guy who can't fight back, especially in Canada.

Just because the people in your city act like savages, doesn't make my city any less dangerous. There is still a very real possibility of being killed in every, single city on the planet. Whether or not you think about it when you're walking out your door doesn't matter.

Oh, and just as a point, you can hear gunshots/horrific screams when someone gets stabbed nearly every night in the worse parts of Winnipeg. It's a well known fact that if you walk around at night in the North End, you're probably going to be accosted.

But as a second side note, I don't fear walking around in my city past dark, as I wouldn't fear walking around Philly after dark. Why should I? If you live in fear, they win.

#98 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 17:12

http://bit.ly/1eA9ARz (if any of the links have comments sections, they're likely to be hilarious reads)

As I said, all notions of Trayvon being convicted that I can find, point back to a, your favorite channel, CNN discussion of an "implied conviction" based on Zimmerman being found not guilty based on self-defense. It is a legal theoretical notion at best, and not really worth discussion as if Trayvon had lived, Zimmerman would probably be in jail. It is his death that drew the media pundits including Sharpton and Rivera that racially polarized the case. Without that, Zimmerman is probably easily guilty of something.

Other than that, which I mentioned several posts ago, I still cannot find a trial and conviction of Martin for anything and would be quite interested if anyone has any real information on such. Anyone who has something, since Jimmy cannot, and I can't find the info on my own. I'm quite interested in it actually.

#99 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,871 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 17:25

Man, this is hilarious.

Truly no depths to the denial in some people.

#100 gameboy1977

gameboy1977

Neowinian

• 911 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 10 September 2013 - 17:28

His wife is very greedy..... she wants more money, because her husband is selfish with money, but she lied to the court.

#101 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2

• 880 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIV (CM11), iPhone 4S

Posted 10 September 2013 - 17:31

I think everyone is greedy, she's just in the spotlight so it seems like its worse than other cases.

#102 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,571 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 19:13

Just when the media is starting to finally leave him alone, he has to go and have a domestic dispute with his father in law... my god CNN and Fox news will be all over this for weeks...

NEXT TIME ON INSIDE EDITION.. We talk to George Zimmermans fathers, brothers, nephews, cousins, former hair stylist.. Find out what really happened during the altercation between Zimmerman and his former father in law (little inside edition news theme plays)

#103 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 19:14

I'm still surprised to see people still defend this guy who has a history of Domestic violence and girl beating.

More surprised people still believe he is racist given that his past says the exact opposite.

#104 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 19:21

More surprised people still believe he is racist given that his past says the exact opposite.

I actually don't think he's racist. Comments he allegedly made that would suggest that never materialized. I just think he's not playing with a full deck and it was just unlucky he crossed paths with anyone that night.

Our past behavior IS the best indicator of future behavior, particularly after adulthood.

It's clear his judgment isn't the best, that includes in picking women apparently. I think he can fade away into oblivion, but not on his current path.

#105 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,043 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 1020 8.1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 23:06

The confrontation between George and Shellie was captured on video on the iPad that he smashed. They are going to examine it at a crime lab to see if they can get any evidence off it.

http://news.msn.com/...merman-911-case

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!