The Following (Season 2)

Trite and boring series, how is this getting a second season? Specially if Joe Carroll is dead. And if it turns out he somehow survived then ooooh, plot twist of the century! /s

• 2 weeks later...

Trite and boring series, how is this getting a second season? Specially if Joe Carroll is dead. And if it turns out he somehow survived then ooooh, plot twist of the century! /s

It was cheesy and the FBI was really stupid but it was not boring, it was enjoyable IMO.

Carroll was only assumed dead, not officially. Ryan was stabbed, so yeah hes back ;)

Actually, the news reported said, "We have confirmed that Joe Carroll is dead." Then his wacko follower runs out of the bar crying, which I find kind of odd. The cult had a fascination in death, in glorifying it, blah blah, but when it's their leader, instead of basking in its beauty, they're down and dejected. So death is good, only when they're the ones delivering it?

It was cheesy and the FBI was really stupid but it was not boring, it was enjoyable IMO.

How can it be enjoyable if it was shallow and badly made? As you said, this is the most retarded depiction of the FBI to date, the story is trite, the acting is non-present.

1380716231.jpg

The Following has cast Leslie Bibb in its second season.

Bibb will play Jana Murphy, a housewife who encounters James Purefoy's notorious killer Joe Carroll, TV Guide reports.

Carroll appeared to perish in The Following's first season finale, but actor Purefoy made a surprise appearance at the show's 2013 Comic Con panel, confirming his participation in season two.

Iron Man actress Bibb is the latest new cast addition for the Kevin Bacon horror series, joining Carrie Preston (True Blood), Connie Nielsen (Boss), Jessica Stroup (90210) and Keith Carradine (Dexter).

The 38-year-old actress is known for her TV stints on ER, Popular and GCB and for her film work in the likes of 2000's The Skulls and 2009's Law Abiding Citizen.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s202/the-following/news/a520231/the-following-season-2-adds-iron-mans-leslie-bibb.html

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never finished season 1, I sort of lost interest.  

I almost gave up myself, but stuck with it. So far, this season isn't looking much more promising than last, but I'll continue to try.

I absolutely love the Scream franchise, and since it is from the same writer as those films, I'll keep hoping it gets better. I certainly see a lot of the same themes between Scream and The Following :laugh: 

I never finished season 1, I sort of lost interest.  

I stuck it out through the entire first season to finish what I started, even though the show got so ridiculous that it felt like my intelligence was being insulted. I really doubt I'll ever bother to watch season 2.

Just saw the new one, wow loving it! got me right back into it, felt like forever for this to come out.

Loved the new episode

was a bit slow to start off though

Agreed.  However, it would have been nice if... 

they kept us guessing whether Mark Antony was dead or alive for at least a few episodes.

Good first episode.  I did find that the first season seemed to stretch, and could have ended then.  Interested to see where this season goes, hope it's not just the same as the first with different people, and a different location.

This is definitely the least convincing series i have watched but you just got to enjoy it for what it is.. gruesome, creepiness done great, the rest.. not so much. I haven't started season 2 yet but seen the preview and the mask looked well creepy. Hoping for more of the same of season 1 i really enjoyed it.