Apple's stock drops as investors worry about 'expensive' iPhone

Nah, it's no surprise that Apple keeps getting voted best company for product durability and built quality year after year.  Even Foxcon said iPhone 5 was the hardest product they ever had to assemble.

So as far as quality goes, Apple always has been and still is on top.

of course its the hardest phone theyve had to assemble, cus the dumbasses made it with materials that scratch easily so it was the hardest phone to assemble without damaging it and making it a reject!!

The thing is, Nokia's Windows Phone devices didn't have high-end specs to begin with (aside from a better display and camera). Windows Phone doesn't require powerful hardware in order to run smoothly. I'm sure Apple can make a low-end iPhone device but they won't do it because they're known for making premium devices. Whether you think it's worth paying so much for such a device is up to you. I would never spend $719 CAD (price of 16GB iPhone 5S in Canada). I'd much rather get a 16GB Nexus 4 for $249 CAD.

Exactly. thats just it, the Lumia 520/620 series are low end specs. Low end Ram, no front facing camera etc. The guts of the 5c are the same as the 5, which price wise for Apple hasn't gone down. Apple low end is not the same as the industry standard for low end. Think about it this way, the Macbook series vs the Macbook pro. The macbook was supposed to be their entry level / low end / basic laptop. Did it compete price wise with others on the market no, it was still $900/1000

of course its the hardest phone theyve had to assemble, cus the dumbasses made it with materials that scratch easily so it was the hardest phone to assemble without damaging it and making it a reject!!

The outside of the phone is protected by film during assembly.  It's hard to scratch is while putting the parts together.  It's the size of the components and their careful placement to accomodate all the space that made it hard to make.

well if it was so was so easy as that why was that fault tolerances in place in scratch size and depth? if it was protected by the film they wouldnt of had to of worry as the phone would of bin fully protected... not the case. even funnier when ppl got scratches on it just by it being in the box hahaha opening it up to it being scratched to hell and back

well if it was so was so easy as that why was that fault tolerances in place in scratch size and depth? if it was protected by the film they wouldnt of had to of worry as the phone would of bin fully protected... not the case. even funnier when ppl got scratches on it just by it being in the box hahaha opening it up to it being scratched to hell and back

It had protective film on the back.  I did my research before replying, try it sometimes...

Today?s work is to paste protective film on the iPhone's plastic back cover to prevent it from being scratched on assembly lines.

Today?s work is to paste protective film on the iPhone's plastic back cover to prevent it from being scratched on assembly lines.

plastic back cover? im talking about the aluminium or whatever the 5 was made out of, you know the metal stuff... try reading!