iPhone 5s or Note 3?

Weird question....anyone know if/when otterbox would have a case ready for the note 3?  I see they have one for the note 2.  I have always kept my phone in an otterbox for years, imo it is function over form.  I consider it to be an investment and I want it to last and stay in great condition.

Weird question....anyone know if/when otterbox would have a case ready for the note 3?  I see they have one for the note 2.  I have always kept my phone in an otterbox for years, imo it is function over form.  I consider it to be an investment and I want it to last and stay in great condition.

The cases will be launched about the same time as the Note 3 phones launch. 

They plan to launch on the 24th.. I think.

The cases will be launched about the same time as the Note 3 phones launch. 

They plan to launch on the 24th.. I think.

Is it the 24th of Sept or Oct 1?  I thought the note 3 launches on at&t on oct 1?

There are other hybrid cases out there.

Ex: Otterbox doesn't yet make one for my Optimus G Pro but an econo-version called T-Stand is sold on Amazon and is pretty solid. Even has a kickstand and the fit is *real* tight. $10 counting shipping.

Is it bullet proof? I would think you would have one that is. :)

It's the other guy who needs bulletproof gear :ninja: ;)

Phone is in a left side belt holster next to a Kershaw AO tactical knife, with a .40 SIG Sauer and spare mag on the right.

Is it the 24th of Sept or Oct 1?  I thought the note 3 launches on at&t on oct 1?

24th of this month...  I was talking about the cases...  which is why I said "I think"   which means I could be wrong or not.

All carriers do not launch the phones at same time unless they were told to do so...

Stopped by my local at&t corporate store today.  Play with the new LG G2, all of the samsung galaxy devices (S3, S4, Note 2), and the htc one.  Out of all of them the only one I liked was the htc one.  The G2 was nothing but a flimsy piece of plastic and the screen has really rough edges around it.  The htc one design seems to be the only android device that even comes close in terms of quality to an iphone.  But what really stands out on the One is just how much better the Sense interface is when compared to TouchWiz.  I know that you can replace either of them with a custom launcher but sheesh sense is tons better right out of the box.  And can someone tell me why they cram so much extra crap onto the device and don't allow us to get rid of it.  At least with a WP8 device you can uninstall all of the at&t crap.

So, right now it is between the iphone 5s and the htc one.  But, the one is already 4 months old and htc doesn't always have a great track record for long term support of their phones.  Plus, the one only has JB 4.1.2 when the other devices already are on 4.2 or newer.  Does htc plan on doing an update?

The HTC One is pretty sweet. It would probably be my next choice after my Note 2. My only problem is unless HTC has changed they are terrible at updates. Of course, all of them pretty much suck at it on AT&T. 

The HTC One is pretty sweet. It would probably be my next choice after my Note 2. My only problem is unless HTC has changed they are terrible at updates. Of course, all of them pretty much suck at it on AT&T. 

What I don't get is why can't other manufacturers take a queue from apple and have direct control over updates.  The nokia gdr2 update for the 920 is still pending because at&t hasn't approved it yet. 

What I don't get is why can't other manufacturers take a queue from apple and have direct control over updates. The nokia gdr2 update for the 920 is still pending because at&t hasn't approved it yet.

They simply can't. Simply because apple controls the hardware and software. Who else controls both aspects of the device?

Right, well maybe you will see what you want in nokia's in about 1-2 years after they have exhausted their current gen and next gen phones they have lined up for public release. 

Stopped by my local at&t corporate store today.  Play with the new LG G2, all of the samsung galaxy devices (S3, S4, Note 2), and the htc one.  Out of all of them the only one I liked was the htc one.  The G2 was nothing but a flimsy piece of plastic and the screen has really rough edges around it.  The htc one design seems to be the only android device that even comes close in terms of quality to an iphone.  But what really stands out on the One is just how much better the Sense interface is when compared to TouchWiz.  I know that you can replace either of them with a custom launcher but sheesh sense is tons better right out of the box.  And can someone tell me why they cram so much extra crap onto the device and don't allow us to get rid of it.  At least with a WP8 device you can uninstall all of the at&t crap.

So, right now it is between the iphone 5s and the htc one.  But, the one is already 4 months old and htc doesn't always have a great track record for long term support of their phones.  Plus, the one only has JB 4.1.2 when the other devices already are on 4.2 or newer.  Does htc plan on doing an update?

I love the HTC One, and I have a stock ATT One. It is unfortunate that you get carrier bloat with Android phones, but apps can be disabled. If you root the phone, you can uninstall the apps (as well as change ROM's). The Android 4.3 upgrade was leaked for ATT HTC One. It should be coming soon.

Sadly, I don't think anyone else can compare to apple build quality. Nokia comes close I guess?  And FFS, HTC one in some regions is still on 4.1.2, not to mention the S3 is still in 4.1.2, so that says a lot on both samsung and htc.

• 2 months later...

I have iPhone 4 and note 2...and from these 2 I prefer note device.

So in your case I would go for note 3 as well. But before choosing you have to ask yourself if you need a big screen(reading etc.)

this comparison is so out of place, what do you expect people to recommend?

you first need to think about what you wanna do with the device. do you need a big one, or a small one?

both are good in its own. both have lots of apps and a strong ecosystem. both have good hardware.

its all about the size.

If you want updates quickly, don't bother with anything Android except for the Nexus.  Unless you want to put in the effort to root and deal with a custom ROM.  Personally, that's the biggest reason I won't get another Android phone.

Since you're already invested in iOS, the only reason to maybe switch to Android is if you must have a big screen.  Otherwise, just get the 5S. I have it, and it's an extremely nice phone.

Hello,

So after 2 months and some weeks, what phone did you get and why?

If I was you(and I dont know if I replied in this thread) I would have gotten the iPhone 5S since you are invested already in the Apple system. But then personally I would have gotten with the Note 3 given the choice.

If you want updates quickly, don't bother with anything Android except for the Nexus.

Nexus, Play Editions, or the Moto X/Moto G phones.  Those are the ones where the 4.4 is rolling out to the soonest and will probably continue to be that way.

Out of all of them the only one I liked was the htc one.  The G2 was nothing but a flimsy piece of plastic and the screen has really rough edges around it.

Odd. I picked up a G2 this weekend and love it. I have yet to find something I don't like. Neither of your complaints seem legit to me. Not only is it a great device, but it was the simplest phone to root I've ever touched (which is big for me). Currently testing to see how much battery this baby can give. Over 22 hrs and still at 67% although that's just from the light usage during my work day. I absolutely love the Knock On feature and the new button placement is pretty sweet too. Ah well, to each their own.