Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad)

Saul Goodman will live on at AMC. After lengthy negotiations, the cable network and Breaking Bad producer Sony Pictures TV have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff from Vince Gilligan?s acclaimed drama series.

The spinoff series, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, had been in the works for months. It centers on one of Breaking Bad?s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk?s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Conceived by Breaking Bad creator Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould, the spinoff will be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the Goodman character before he ever became Walter White?s lawyer, AMC said.

Source: Deadline via The Verge

Better call Saul! :jump:

• Like 3

I dont know. Breaking Bad is so perfect in my mind that I dont want anything to stain the memory.

It has been a great show, but killing the kid on the bike, was a stain for me. Realistic, yes, but the show had to come to an end after that. I'm not sure how long Saul's character can carry a show as the lead, but I'll definitely be watching.

It has been a great show, but killing the kid on the bike, was a stain for me. Realistic, yes, but the show had to come to an end after that. I'm not sure how long Saul's character can carry a show as the lead, but I'll definitely be watching.

I agree that scene was incredibly powerful, to say the least, but I think it was a necessary scene to show how much of a psychopath Todd is and also it was a defining moment for Jesse.

As corrupt and maybe even evil as Jesse had become, he still loved kids and that scene had to happen to begin the fall of Jesse.

As for Saul, I think it might be a great show. Bob Odenkirk is hilarious and I think if it is a dramedy, it'll work very well.

• Like 2

So it's a prequel, so I can imagine one of the last episodes can actually have Walter going into his office. That'd be pretty cool. 

I think this spinoff will be very successful! Saul is hilarious and says very dumb things a lot of times but he's a great lawyer at the same time. He has a lot of potential as a character and he appears infrequently on BB! I cant wait for this!

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

So it's a prequel, so I can imagine one of the last episodes can actually have Walter going into his office. That'd be pretty cool. 

I've always imagined Saul dying/being murdered by Walt. As soon as the rumors first came up, I figured it had to be a prequel.

The Saul we see now is a damaged and scared, shell of a man. It wouldn't be funny.

• 1 month later...

'Breaking Bad' Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul for 'Better Call Saul' cameo

Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan has said that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul will likely cameo in the forthcoming spinoff Better Call Saul.

AMC announced in September that Breaking Bad character Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) will be the focus of a new comedy prequel

Gilligan has now confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that Better Call Saul will be a one-hour comedy, and will retain Breaking Bad's unique visual style.

"We're both [Gilligan and producer Peter Gould] one-hour drama guys. So we figured, 'Why not shoot Saul in the same way?'" he explained. 

"Let's shoot it in Albuquerque, let's get as much of the crew back together as possible, and let's do it the way we did it before so that it will be of a piece with that pre-existing fictional universe that we had so much fun creating."

Gilligan - who plans to take part in the writing for season one with producer Gould - added that Cranston and Paul have already expressed excitement at making appearances in the prequel.

"Personally, I'd have a hard time resisting putting all these guys in for a cameo or two every now and then," he declared.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a524120/breaking-bad-bryan-cranston-aaron-paul-for-better-call-saul-cameo.html

• Like 2

Saul is the best character in Breaking Bad, he's always full of great metaphors. I cant wait for this show!

I'd love it if they could get Mike and/or Gus to cameo.

I read somewhere the other day Gus is probably going to cameo, I think the actor mentioned it

• Like 2

I hope they have another spinoff after Better Call Saul to. AMC needs to keep the spirit of Breaking Bad alive for as long as possible!  Breaking Bad is the best show ever made!

• 3 weeks later...

"Saul" Spin-Off Series Is NOT "Breaking Bad"

Despite this, the show's star Bob Odenkirk says the show will be a different, fresh and more comedic experience. He tells Screen Rant:

"Here?s what I told Vince and Peter ? Pete Gould is also writing that show ?we?re gonna make it fresh. It?s not gonna be Breaking Bad 2.0 or whatever.

It?s a different show and it?s gonna have a different energy and we?re not gonna try to just extend Breaking Bad. That can?t be done. That show is great, it?s done, it?s all wrapped up and delivered, and now we?re gonna do something fresh and new with a character that is rich and funny, and everyone?s excited about it.

And we wanna make sure the audience sees right away that it?s not a continuation of Breaking Bad, but rather its own thing that hopefully is gonna be entertaining on its own terms."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29517/-saul-spin-off-series-is-not-breaking-bad

• Like 1

Call this number that's from bettercallsaul.com, it's hilarious

505-503-4455

"Better Call Saul" A Prequel AND Sequel?

Well, I?ve talked to Vince (Gilligan) and Peter (Gould), who are writing and creating the series, about this and I?ve said that a lot of people do want to see what happens to next to Saul.

So, I don?t know what they?re going to do. I know they?ve talked about prequel, but they?ve also talked to me about sequel, and they?ve also talked to me about a mix of prequel and sequel.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29576/-better-call-saul-a-prequel-and-sequel

Interesting..

Maybe a prequel would be better, see how he become a lawyer etc. 

• 1 month later...