J.J. Abrams Endorses Rupert Wyatt For 'Star Trek' 3

2wZsZ.jpg

Abrams says that there's no director in place yet, though I think we can pretty much rule out him taking the helm himself once more ("I plan to be involved in the story and producing the film and I feel very blessed to be involved at all.") So what about Wyatt? "I know Rupert and he's incredibly talented," he says, "and we'd be lucky to have someone as talented as Rupert. But there are things we're focusing on right now before the director, which is just sort of the fundamentals of where the story is gonna go." Abrams says it's too early to discuss details, but that at the end of Into darkness we found the crew about to start their 5 year mission, so that's likely where we'd pick up. "There have been a lot of really exciting ideas about what comes next," he teases.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=86877

Now that the cast has been established, and given that the writing team will remain the same, I'm confident that Star Trek 3 will be handled well. In fact it's probably a good move for the franchise, as its success shouldn't be dependent upon any one person.

i guess we will see in a few years if it pans out any good, personally i kinda hope they stop the series and either pick up with a new crew in the same universe and keep going or just stop for a while again.

It?s a little bittersweet.  But, I will say that I?m going to be producing the movie.  Whomever it is that directs the film will be someone we all know is going to keep the cast and crew in good hands.  I feel very lucky to have been part of it, and it definitely feels like the right time to let someone come in and do their own thing.  I certainly don?t want someone to come in and try to do what I would have done.  We want to hire someone who?s gonna come in and bring their own sensibility.  I?m very excited to see what comes next, despite feeling jealous of whomever that person is. 

sauce:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/J-J-Abrams-Finally-Admits-He-Won-t-Direct-Star-Trek-3-39400.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Where's the nearest bridge? I'm jumping off it .... 

Set phasers to kill .... JJ is a traitor ....

This was well known, as he is committed to the new Star Wars film.

See :P

They could throw a few lens flares in there and no one would ever know the difference. :D

BUT ALL THAT LENSE FLARE!!!!! 

No lens flare please!

". It?s become a sort of communal stick to have a crack at JJ with, mostly by people who didn?t know what the f--k lens flare was, until someone started sneering the term all over their blog. It demonstrates JJ?s supreme talent as a film maker that the main means of knocking him is to magnify a throw away artistic choice, into some sort of hilarious failing." - Simon Pegg

:laugh:

Good friggin' riddance to him.

Now that the cast has been established, and given that the writing team will remain the same, I'm confident that Star Trek 3 will be handled well. In fact it's probably a good move for the franchise, as its success shouldn't be dependent upon any one person.

ugh the writing team should be taken out and shot..... but at least it's a good director

Maybe ST: III will actually be good now. I was worried JJ might destroy another classic tale with unconvincing plots and sub-plots, horribly cast characters, and re-hashed events from previous movies.

This is Khan:

292px-Khan_Noonien_Singh%2C_2285.jpg

This is NOT Khan:

292px-Vengeance_command_chair.jpg

Can you tell I'm still bitter about ST: ID? :crazy:

JJ takes the lens flare thing to heart and even jokes about it himself, it's his style though so he doesn't care.   Anyways, about the 3rd one, I expect we're going to go back to something original like the first one and not a homage heavy movie like the second one was.   So I have faith in the writing team, remember that the end of ID is the start of the 5 year mission, so it only makes sense to have them exploring and coming across something new.

". It?s become a sort of communal stick to have a crack at JJ with, mostly by people who didn?t know what the f--k lens flare was, until someone started sneering the term all over their blog. It demonstrates JJ?s supreme talent as a film maker that the main means of knocking him is to magnify a throw away artistic choice, into some sort of hilarious failing." - Simon Pegg

:laugh:

what lense flare? :rofl:

star-trek-crew-and-lens-flares.jpg

As long as the writers don't try to reuse parts from the past movies, which seeing how ST:ID ended you can't actually use things from ST3 and 4 now.   I'd say we're in for something new/original like the first movie had which turned out great IMO.