NO PS4 GAMEPLAY on YouTube?!?

Yoshida is talking about the capturing of games not the uploading of videos from the share button. Capturing as in through a capture device.

Yoshida is talking about the capturing of games not the uploading of videos from the share button. Capturing as in through a capture device.

Since the HDCP and Youtube rumour came around in the same instance, I highly doubt that. Also, have you seen the PS UI trailer where it specifies the services you can upload to and YouTube isn't there?

Since the HDCP and Youtube rumour came around in the same instance, I highly doubt that. Also, have you seen the PS UI trailer where it specifies the services you can upload to and YouTube isn't there?

What, this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OegYm1dM9g

Nothing is listed in that, Ustream/Twitch or Youtube.

You do realize the PS3 is protected by HDCP and it uploads to Youtube? HDCP has nothing to do with YT, it's to do with external capture devices.

What, this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OegYm1dM9g

Nothing is listed in that, Ustream/Twitch or Youtube.

You do realize the PS3 is protected by HDCP and it uploads to Youtube? HDCP has nothing to do with YT, it's to do with external capture devices.

Erm, sorry wrong one. I saw the screencap on GAF of a trailer where it specifically mentions the services and YouTube wasn't on there.

Yeah I understand they don't necessarily have a link, just the logic that they came around in the same rumour. I think he's just referring to the rumor in general.

I get why people may be disappointed by the lack of this feature if it even winds up being true, but to say it is a deal breaker seems truly extreme imho.

PS3 works with capture devices because it has Component video out, which is analog and has no HDCP. PS4 does not have Component out.

Shame, too. Component out is a great "just works" connection that doesn't suffer from handshaking issues, etc.

It would be pretty stupid for Sony to not allow people to upload gameplay to YouTube, but I think this is all rumors there has been no confirmation from Sony about this yet. Maybe it might not be there for launch, but it will be there in an update.  There's no point in letting people capture 15 mins of footage if they can't upload it to YouTube.

Why is HDCP even an issue .... you do realise that the PS4 allows you to record up to 15 mins of gameplay right?  Record it, hit the share button and upload to youtube. No need for expensive capture cards.

I get why people may be disappointed by the lack of this feature if it even winds up being true, but to say it is a deal breaker seems truly extreme imho.

Agreed, doesn't seem like it would be a huge deal.

well I was actually more interested in the hdcp stuff than youtube since I'm sure Youtube will be supported. 

Why is HDCP even an issue .... you do realise that the PS4 allows you to record up to 15 mins of gameplay right?  Record it, hit the share button and upload to youtube. No need for expensive capture cards.

Its an issue for anyone wanting to capture clips longer than 15 minutes.

Look this is not a big deal to most people, but there is a small group of users that do in fact want to capture longer gaming sessions.  Just take a look at youtube channels to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

For those people, they had to use the component out on the PS3 in order to circumvent the HDCP flag on the hdmi output.  On the PS4, there is no component output, which means they much use hdmi and if it still enforces the HDCP flag for games, that means its very difficult to capture the content.  You basically have to use capture hardware that breaks the HDCP encryption, which is actually illegal.  For people that upload to youtube, it makes it possible that their content could be taken down on those grounds. So if Sony comes out and says that's the hdmi output will not enforce HDCP for games, then its all fine.  If not, well its just going to discourage people that want to share content that way.  They will have to use Sony's option and just be limited to the 15 minutes.

The X1 is different in that MS will not enforce HDCP for gaming content, only for movie playback.  So any old hdmi capture device will be able to work as expected. Capture devices aren't as expensive as they use to be.