Photo

The Oatmeal: How to refurbish a pop star.

images

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,489 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:44

header.png

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

5.png6.png

7.png8.png

#2 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:46

The oatmeal never lets down :D

#3 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 September 2013 - 18:48

Sadly, this is 100% true.

#4 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:13

Sadly, this is 100% true.

Ergo, check out  my sig for some different genres and suggest a couple too :p

#5 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

• 2,277 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:15

rinse and repeat :s

#6 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:22

Ergo, check out  my sig for some different genres and suggest a couple too :p

Some of the hardcore stuff is ok. Still a bit weak though. I'm a bit worried how many bands I listen to get categorized as death metal. :laugh:

#7 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:28

Some of the hardcore stuff is ok. Still a bit weak though. I'm a bit worried how many bands I listen to get categorized as death metal.  :laugh:

you think The Chariot is weak   :s  :|

#8 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:40

you think The Chariot is weak   :s  :|

Hmm... it's ok. There are definitely some really good heavy instrumentals. Not as much of a fan of the singing though. I'm sure I could find a few of their songs I like. A little too close to screamo for me though I think.

It seems like they have everything so broken down into so many different genres today, but judging by a few lists and last.fm it looks like I listen to mostly groove metal, melodic metalcore, and some good ole classic heavy metal.

#9 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,398 posts
  • OS: Xubuntu 14.04.1 / Server 2012 R2 / Ubuntu Server 14.04.1
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:44

He never ceases to amuse!

BTW: There's nothing wrong with Death Metal.

#10 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:48

Hmm... it's ok. There are definitely some really good heavy instrumentals. Not as much of a fan of the singing though. I'm sure I could find a few of their songs I like. A little too close to screamo for me though I think.

Nothing wrong with screamo.

What about Oh Sleeper, they sound very death metalish! (Except their most recent EP :p which is a  concept)

#11 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 20:57

Nothing wrong with screamo.

What about Oh Sleeper, they sound very death metalish! (Except their most recent EP :p which is a  concept)

Hmm... just pulled up a few on GPM (I'm going to start calling Google Play Music GPM because Google Play Music is too damn long to type now that I've done it twice). I like the sound of some of their songs.

But then, I have favorites (Chimaira) and bands I listen to more than others, but I listen to ALL kinds of music really. Metal, rock, alternative, hip-hop, etc. So a lot of times I can find at least a few songs I like from any given band.

Edit: Just noticed that not only did I go over 5000 posts today, but I also went over 10,000 plays on last.fm! :D

#12 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 21:00

Hmm... just pulled up a few on GPM (I'm going to start calling Google Play Music GPM because Google Play Music is too damn long to type now that I've done it twice). I like the sound of some of their songs.

But then, I have favorites (Chimaira) and bands I listen to more than others, but I listen to ALL kinds of music really. Metal, rock, alternative, hip-hop, etc. So a lot of times I can find at least a few songs I like from any given band.

Edit: Just noticed that not only did I go over 5000 posts today, but I also went over 10,000 plays on last.fm! :D

Funny how small the world is... We're both into detaling, both into same music genres, totally random strangers... Mind PMing your last fm user? ( I think i only have one person added as a friend ha ha ).

#13 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 21:06

I don't think I have any friends. I'm just ajerman on there as well. I mostly just keep it for my own tracking and finding new music. I forget to scrobble for months if not years sometimes. I can't believe it took 5 years to rack up 10,000 listens.

Speaking of detailing, I haven't washed my car since before I went to Oklahoma 2 weeks ago.  :x I think I need to head home and do that.

#14 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 14,749 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 21:11

I don't think I have any friends. I'm just ajerman on there as well. I mostly just keep it for my own tracking and finding new music. I forget to scrobble for months if not years sometimes. I can't believe it took 5 years to rack up 10,000 listens.

Speaking of detailing, I haven't washed my car since before I went to Oklahoma 2 weeks ago.  :x I think I need to head home and do that.

+1 on the finding new music, which is why I want to add you ha ha... OK ok /thread hijacking.