south carolina aggressive behavior distress cry hidden camera phone assault

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:35

A loyal and protective dog helped alert parents to an abusive baby sitter in South Carolina.

According to WCSC, which originally reported the story, the dog began exhibiting aggressive behavior whenever the baby sitter, 22-year-old Alexis Khan, would approach the couple's then 7-month-old son, Finn.

By this point, the baby sitter had already been employed by the family for five months. The parents, fearing the worst but not wishing to act presumptuously, hid a camera phone between the couch cushions.

Their worst fears were quickly confirmed. Finn's father, Benjamin Jordan, recounted the details to WCSC:

"It started with cussing," Jordan said. "Then you hear slap noises and his crying changes from a distress cry to a pain cry. I just wanted to reach through the audio tape, go back in time and just grab him up."

"To know that five months I had handed my child to a monster, not knowing what was going on in my house for that day," said Jordan.

Khan was arrested several weeks later. Confronted with the audio made by the parents, she reportedly confessed. She was later sentenced to one to three years in prison. She will also have to register as a child abuser and will not be allowed to work with children in the future.

The Jordans told WSCS that their child is doing fine and shows no lingering effects of the abuse. They also gave thanks to their dog.

"Had our dog not alerted us to the trouble, had my wife's instincts not said we need to make something happen, it could have been Finn that was killed by the baby sitter. You never know," he said.

source & video

Attached Images

• familydog.jpg

#2 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,081 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:38

Yea, if I had kids...I would monitor the person watching them in secrete right from the start to make sure they were a good person.  And this lady just looks scary to begin with.

Attached Images

• abuse13n-3-web.jpg

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,025 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:49

^ please delete -- SOME THINGS CAN'T BE UNSEEN ! :woot:

#4 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,081 posts