Photo

DriveClub new Night Driving Teaser Picture; Video coming soon

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:55

PlayStationEU: NEWSFLASH! A fresh #DRIVECLUB video hits this afternoon! Here are 3 exclusive GIFS to whet your appetite: http://t.co/QdYSI2VfzN

9At8.gif

9Bh7.gif

8Kl4.gif

#2 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:15

That last fully at night shot is looking sweet. Love the way the dash and headlights are the only real light sources.

Definitely looking forward to checking this out via Playstation + to gauge if I then want to pick up the full retail version. They have hinted at the fact, just really hoping they soon confirm that any driving wheels that worked on the PS3 will also work on PS4, as I have my Logitech Wheel and prefer not to spend another $150 on a wheel.

Have to be honest though, the one game I do have preordered already for the XBox One is Forza 5, and it just looks insanely good especially with all of the cloud integration, so not sure if I am going to have time for two racing games at launch, so Forza 5 is probably going to trump this game. With that said, I also like me a good arcade style racer, so I may wind up leaning towards this game if it is more arcadey. Only time will tell really, but definitely into the fact I can at least check DriveClub out for free initially thanks to +

#3 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:21

Looks good. I'm not really into driving games, but since there will be a free version on PS+, I'll definitely check it out.

#4 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:27

i have never been a fan of racing games however, i realized a long time ago that they usually due to not having much in them can have much better looking graphics as the content of the game is limited. so i have always tried to download demos and whatnot of the latest best looking car game just to look at the fancy graphics.

#5 gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Neowinian

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:32

WoW Drive Club sure is looking pretty! :)

So happy it will be free with PS Plus.

#6 virtorio

virtorio

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:36

Presentation looks good, just hope they nail the way it feels.

#7 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:41

horrible aliasing.not from gif,its in the videos too

#8 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:49

The third night time gif looks cool. Is DriveClub a sim or arcade?

#9 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 September 2013 - 15:10

The third night time gif looks cool. Is DriveClub a sim or arcade?

I've not ready any info about the game but i would hope it's on the arcadey side seeing as GT covers the simulation side. Although i don't think i'll be getting the game as i'm not that into driving games but i'll definitely check out the PS+ version.

#10 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 September 2013 - 16:05

Well it surely holds its own among other racing sims graphics wise. I'm not a racing fan, so I doubt I will buy this, but I'll give the free version a try.

It definitely looks more like an arcade racer than a sim, which should appeal to more people. Plus, why compete against the GT series as the standard racing sim for Playstation.

#11 OP +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:00

Its an arcade racer. Think PGR or Forza Horizon. The dynamic lighting is awesome looking.

#12 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:04

Yeah, I'm impressed with the lighting.  In a game like this, the visuals are probably one of the most important aspects of it.  In other genres, visual are important, but can usually be made up for by having great gameplay, etc, but not in the racing genre.  Less than excellent visuals are quick way to get your game ignored.

#13 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:05

I'm impressed....

#14 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:25

Looks sweet, the 1080p direct feed videos were great even though its unfinished. I love a good arcade racer, this is the one which is making me get a PS4.

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:42

That last fully at night shot is looking sweet. Love the way the dash and headlights are the only real light sources.

Definitely looking forward to checking this out via Playstation + to gauge if I then want to pick up the full retail version. They have hinted at the fact, just really hoping they soon confirm that any driving wheels that worked on the PS3 will also work on PS4, as I have my Logitech Wheel and prefer not to spend another $150 on a wheel.

Have to be honest though, the one game I do have preordered already for the XBox One is Forza 5, and it just looks insanely good especially with all of the cloud integration, so not sure if I am going to have time for two racing games at launch, so Forza 5 is probably going to trump this game. With that said, I also like me a good arcade style racer, so I may wind up leaning towards this game if it is more arcadey. Only time will tell really, but definitely into the fact I can at least check DriveClub out for free initially thanks to +

The Headlights don't look very good in that shot though.

other than that it looks quite great. I have a feeling Sony ordered this game because they where tired of never having PD finish anything within reasonable time frames, and this is a way to either push them to do better, or replace them if they can't and this is received well enough.