Android Users: Google Has ALL Your Wi-Fi Passwords

If there's a feature to back-up your WiFi passwords so they can be used if you sign-in on another phone then that's just common sense. 

So what? It's not like it hurts anyone, it's a feature that can easily be disabled.

Oh, of course I forgot this is Neowin, where google fearmongering is the rule of the day.

• Like 2

So what? It's not like it hurts anyone, it's a feature that can easily be disabled.

Oh, of course I forgot this is Neowin, where google fearmongering is the rule of the day.

Gameboy seems to do that a lot with his threads...  Usually ancient news, too.

Known about this for years, I actually think its really useful. When i've flashed another rom i've simply signed in to my Google account again and its restored all the wireless passwords in my phone from various locations.

This article on Yahoo is so full of **** I can smell it here....

It's also worth noting that like all personal data stored in Google, humans aren't looking at your Wi-Fi passwords. This tool is simply a convenient feature for Android users who don't want to keep re-entering their passwords.

No, humans are not looking at your personal data stored on Google.

That's what the article says... humans aren't looking at your personal data or Wi-Fi passwords.

That's what the article says... humans aren't looking at your personal data or Wi-Fi passwords.

Ahh, read it wrong.  My mistake.  Still a crap article considering this feature has been out for a year or two.

Next thing you'll be telling me Google has a copy of all my personal e-mails.

Didn't you get the Neowin memo? Google is part of the NWO! they're obviously selling your data to the illuminati, after all who knows when they might randomly park up their brainwashing vans and need to download pr0n off the books!

Darth Google said, "Join me, and together we can rule the Google as father and son."

darth-vader.jpg

:/

It seems like mental illness spreads even more readily on the internet

Don't judge on others! We respect memebers around here on neowin!

Don't judge on others! We respect memebers around here on neowin!

If you don't like being judged, don't post things that are profoundly insane.

We knew that Google is not good for many years. I noticed many people who worshipped Google. I noticed one person who came over to my apartment in the past, and he wants to use internet, and I said sure, and use internet. He always visit google and search for his favorites like japanese cartoons, and asian cars.

Yes, because Google are going to trek aaaaaaallllll the way out to my house just to glom onto my network and get free internet... :rolleyes:

Or they could give it to the NSA.

We knew that Google is not good for many years. I noticed many people who worshipped Google. I noticed one person who came over to my apartment in the past, and he wants to use internet, and I said sure, and use internet. He always visit google and search for his favorites like japanese cartoons, and asian cars.

No, we don't. I've been using their products for many years, no money has been stolen from me, my data hasn't been sold to anyone. Stop yer silly fearmongering and get in the real world.

Come on man, at least try to make some sense when you post.

No, we don't. I've been using their products for many years, no money has been stolen from me, my data hasn't been sold to anyone. Stop yer silly fearmongering and get in the real world.

I would just leave the troll alone.  He misses his bridge.

• Like 2

I'm really not sure what I just read...on topic though, I repeat what others have stated, this isn't a surprise for anyone who actually read the few screens during their initial setup. It's a feature, not a secret. 

I could be wrong, but I think most users figured that out when they clicked 'back up your passwords'.

This is what I was thinking.. and I don't give a ######. ###### it.. my wifi password is penis.. go nuts.