13 posts in this topic

Posted

Fable Anniversary HD revamp for Xbox 360 delayed to February 2014

by John Callaham

1_fa03.jpg

Fable fans who have never played the original 2004 game made for the first Xbox console will have to wait a little longer to check out a revamped version for the Xbox 360. Today, developer Lionhead announced that the release date for Fable Anniversary has been pushed back from a fall 2013 launch date to one in February 2014.

In a post on the Lionhead blog, Ted Timmins, the lead designer for the game, stated:

We’ve been working hard for the past year to bring you the very best Fable Anniversary experience on Xbox 360. We feel though, that we need a little more time in order to meet our ambitions and give you, the fans, the best game possible.

When the game is finally released, it will contain all of the content of the original Xbox fantasy RPG along with the content from the expansion pack Fable: The Lost Chapters. Lionhead plans to update the lighting, textures, models, facial and cut scene animations for Fable Anniversary, along with a new interface, a new save game system and almost no loading times. It will also add Xbox Live Achievements to Fable for the first time.

Source: Lionhead | Image via Microsoft

Posted

Well that's a bit of a shame.

Posted

I'm guessing PC Gaming will get no love? 

Posted

I'm guessing PC Gaming will get no love? 

lionhead hasn't cared about PC gamers since they released Fable 1 saddly

Posted

lionhead hasn't cared about PC gamers since they released Fable 1 saddly

I knew better than to get my hopes up, Fable 2 and 3 made it out on PC though. 

Posted

after a long enough wait :/

i lost all faith in lionhead after Fable III ... then even more that i didn't have when they announced Fable: "The Journey"

Posted

2 never made it to the PC for whatever reason, never did understand why they'd release 1, Lost Chapters and 3 but not 2.

Posted

2 never made it to the PC for whatever reason, never did understand why they'd release 1, Lost Chapters and 3 but not 2.

I believe they said that the developers who worked on it were busy working on a new project. Why it needs to be 1:1 for the people working on it is another Q.

Otherwise why are they making Fable 1 HD without Molyneux if they are so uptight over the issue...

Posted

No Fable trilogy? No Halo trilogy? No Gears trilogy? I guess

Posted

It's annoying why the PC gets neglected by Microsoft's premier game series, what's worse is when they half-arse it. Releasing Halo 1 + 2, but not the rest, Gears of War 1 but not the rest, Fable 1, 3 but not the rest.

I'd prefer they didn't bother at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

Walked into a store to pre-order this yesterday but it turns someone had already broken street date, so I ended up picking it up and playing it all night. The controls are a bit clunky but otherwise it's been a blast so far!

2 people like this

Posted

No Fable trilogy? No Halo trilogy? No Gears trilogy? I guess

All 3 Fables are in a new bundle available from GonD for $60

Posted

It's annoying why the PC gets neglected by Microsoft's premier game series, what's worse is when they half-arse it. Releasing Halo 1 + 2, but not the rest, Gears of War 1 but not the rest, Fable 1, 3 but not the rest.

I'd prefer they didn't bother at all.

Because PC is not where the money's at, I guess. But the frustration is understandable, don't get me wrong :)