nokia 1020

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Kalint

Kalint

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 20 September 2013 - 19:00

what would be more fun is if we have a pool for how long until your inferiority complex wears off

put me down for never.

mhm

#47 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 19:29

I remember hearing about how great the Lumia 920 camera was and honestly it's not as good as I heard people write/review about. I never get decent picture quality on it compared to my old work iPhone 4s. Lots of blurry pics on it although I do get some decent ones now and then. 

I must be holding it wrong. lol

#48 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 20 September 2013 - 19:32

I just got my Lumia 1020 on Monday. I'm coming from a Galaxy Note [1]. I've gotten so frustrated with the slowness of my phone running a slightly modified stock rom. I've been through so much with the Note, I just wanted something that will be fast and reliable - a break from the slugishness and crashing/rebooting and battery issues.

The 1020 has been great. I'm not picky. The battery is great, the build quality is great, I get the same great coverage, of course the camera is fantastic.

The only bad part is of course the app selection. I miss an official Facebook app. The Microsoft app apparently doesn't give me notifications. Perhaps the latest modifications made in 8.1 will help this? No official Youtube app is pretty obnoxious. And lastly, it's just inconvenient my bank doesn't have a Windows Phone app.

What may end up happening is if my girlfriend likes the 1020, I'll probably get the 1520 when it comes out and she'll get the 1020. But she's pretty stubborn and probably won't like the lack of apps.

I get notifications from the toast area at the top on my 920. Did you turn yours on?

#49 OP hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 1020 8.1

Posted 23 September 2013 - 23:34

Question... If you purchased a 1020 from Amazon, did you get ear buds? I didn't get any.

Interesting read....

Nokia Lumia 1020 review: View from the top

http://www.gsmarena....-review-989.php

#50 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 24 September 2013 - 14:06

I get notifications from the toast area at the top on my 920. Did you turn yours on?

I noticed that I got a toast when someone posted to my wall directly but I used to be able to get notifications for any update, status, or post by any friend even if it didn't relate to me.

Question... If you purchased a 1020 from Amazon, did you get ear buds? I didn't get any.

Interesting read....

Nokia Lumia 1020 review: View from the top

http://www.gsmarena....-review-989.php

I got mine straight from AT&T and I didn't get any either. I was pretty disappointed honestly I was looking forward to them since my headset at my PC is USB.