Giancarlo Esposito Is Open To Appearing on 'Better Call Saul'

2013-09-15_01-10-05.png

Earlier this week, word broke that the proposed Saul Goodman spinoff from ?Breaking Bad? is close to getting a series pick up from AMC once deals with Bob Odenkirk and Vince Gilligan are finished. Tentatively titled ?Better Call Saul,? the prequel series will reportedly explore the origins of Saul Goodman before he became Albuquerque famous as a ?criminal lawyer.?

During ?Breaking Bad,? one of the most popular characters was Gus Fring, a drug lord unforgettably played by Giancarlo Esposito for three seasons before the character was written out of the series. Esposito is currently co-starring in NBC?s ?Revolution,? but he recently indicated that he would consider reprising his role as Gus.

While speaking to The Wrap, Esposito said ?I love my ?Breaking Bad? family and would welcome the chance to work with them again if given the opportunity.?

During a previous interview with The Wrap, Gilligan endorsed the idea of Esposito returning.?Any chance I get to work with Giancarlo again, I would jump at the opportunity,? related Gilligan. ?He is a wonderful actor and such a sweet guy.?

There is currently no time frame for when ?Better Call Saul? will begin production, but it?s expected to skip the traditional pilot process and head straight-to-series. In the meantime, the final season of ?Breaking Bad? continues this Sunday.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/articles/570623-giancarlo-esposito-is-open-to-appearing-on-better-call-saul