Photo

24'' vs. 27'' - goods and bads? Which one ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 primexx

primexx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:57

I posted the wrong amazon link, http://www.ebay.com/...r-/140934439651 , if you look at the sellers feedback they are shipping 5+ of these screens everyday with no problems.

There a reports of the casing not being the highest quality but that's about it.  

I don't know where you are getting they are class B or C panels? Care to share your source? Apparently they are A- panels (stated here: http://forums.whirlp...archive/2023067)

You can pay $30-40 more for a 0 dead pixel guarantee model. I cant remember how many counts as zero but I believe it is under 20 pixels. Not that you can really spot a dead pixel on such a high PPI monitor without green screening. 

If you go with green sum as the seller in the link in this post then you know they will replace it or refund you if it is faulty. So the only downside would be having to ship it back to Korea. Well worth the risk IMO. 

i just assumed that because that tends to be the case with the cheap korean brands, A- is not bad. you definitely can notice a dead pixel on these displays though depending on where it is.

#17 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:30

I find 1080p on 27" to be not that bad. Simply having a larger screen makes things easier to see and enhances immersion in games and movies, even without going for a higher resolution. Even very large HDTVs are only 1080p after all...

I use a 120hz 1080p 27" monitor and I would never trade the better temporal resolution for better spatial resolution. Even just moving windows around, scrolling, etc, feels much more natural and pleasing.

#18 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:01

http://www.amazon.co...0_email_1p_0_ti

Everyone is buying these right now. Get one before they go up in price.

For $400 your getting a 27" 1440p monitor, that will most likely run at 120hz, definately at least say 90hz.

No brainer. You cannot get a better monitor for under 1g. Same samsung panel used in the top end Apple dispays etc.

I got mine last week, got from Korea to NZ in 2 days. Best purchase ever. 

Been needing a screen replacement and managed to get one of these, was originally looking at the one Monoprice has. It is damn nice and zero defects or stuck pixels 

#19 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:08

If they are the same resolution, I would not waste my money on the 27". The only reason to get a 27" would be to have 2560 X 1440 resolution.

#20 OP Cosmin

Cosmin

Graphics & Engineering

Posted 02 October 2013 - 19:30

Decided on 24'' 1920x1080..any tips&tricks for testing it (dead pixels and any other simmilar issues?). Thanks!

#21 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 02 October 2013 - 19:31

27"

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!