The celeb chef, 66, made her first public appearance since settling the racial discrimination lawsuit that practically destroyed her empire, and was moved to tears after receiving a 10-minute standing ovation at the Metro Cooking & Entertaining Show in Houston on Saturday.

"These are tears of joy, y'all," she said. "This is my first time out in three months. ? The one place I wanted to make my first step out was in Texas. You are forgiving folks with hearts as big as your state." She added, "We all experience pain in some way, but pain is also a good thing because it makes you grow."

Following her emotional outburst, Deen quickly pulled herself together and, after joining sons Jamie and Bobby for a cooking demo, strutted up to a cameraman's lens and proclaimed, "I'm back!"

more

UTT.jpg

but seriously.

im still drunk but seriously

I think the media feeds this **** to eachother cuz really, who does care?

seems you do or else you would not of posted

"These are tears of joy, y'all," she said. "This is my first time out in three months. ? The one place I wanted to make my first step out was in Texas. You are forgiving folks with hearts as big as your state."

Is it really any surprise she picked one of the most racist, right-wing states in the country?

• Like 3

I don't know why, but I really can't stand Paula Deen.

I can't either but she has some seriously good recipes. My wife has one of her cookbooks and has made several things in it. Good Southern eating.

Why did she get a standing ovation for making racially insensitive comments?

She didn't. Stop trolling or at the very least, stop trying to use a straw man to cause an argument.

She didn't what?

A) Make racially insensitive comments?

B) Get a standing ovation?

A) She used the "N word".  A white person using that word publicly is insensitive.  I never said she was a bigot nor did I label her as racist, I simply state she used a racially insensitive word.

B) This whole article states that she did get a standing ovation

So let me redirect your accusation of trolling back at yourself.

• Like 1

She didn't what?

A) She used the "N word".  A white person using that word publicly is insensitive.  I never said she was a bigot nor did I label her as racist, I simply state she used a racially insensitive word.

if the black community wanted people to stop using the word they should stop using the word also.

• Like 3

She didn't what?

Lets not even go there with the use of the N word and being insensitive.

He probably means that she did not get a standing ovation FOR using the N word.  She got it because shes trying to make a come back after a lot of people thought she was wronged and the whole case against her was dropped.

He probably means that she did not get a standing ovation FOR using the N word.

Valid comment and clarification.  Thank you!

if the black community wanted people to stop using the word they should stop using the word also.

LONG debate could be had around that, and part of me agrees and part of me could argue against.

What I find funny is what got her in trouble in the first place.

So she admitted to using the N word.... She's from the south for god sake! People were surprised by this?

What I find funny is what got her in trouble in the first place.

So she admitted to using the N word.... She's from the south for god sake! People were surprised by this?

And didn't she also say it's been decades since she used it? Kinda ridiculous for something like that to be blown out of proportion by the PC crowd.

It kind of sounds like you are saying that the black community got together and said that they are going to use the N word, but nobody else can.  Not every back person uses the N word.  I will go on a limb and say most don't.   There is a lot of different meaning in the last symbol of the word.  ER = automatically racist.  A = term of affection, term of ignorance or ALSO automatically racist.  The latter is used by hispanics, white people and black people sometimes interchangeably  - and is "completely acceptable"  It's all about intent and environment.  It is completely ridiculous how such a negative word has so many different rules.  To play it safe .. JUST DONT USE IT!!!!   There is no doubt that Paula used this word in a derogatory sense.  It is not a valid argument at all to say black people use this word, so I am too.  She used it to discredit, to hurt, and to claim herself superior.  Now she herself is discredited, hurt and inferior.    Did she deserve to be crucified?  When you are in the public eye, you have a responsibility to act with compassion and as a model citizen.

It kind of sounds like you are saying that the black community got together and said that they are going to use the N word, but nobody else can.  Not every back person uses the N word.  I will go on a limb and say most don't.   There is a lot of different meaning in the last symbol of the word.  ER = automatically racist.  A = term of affection, term of ignorance or ALSO automatically racist.  The latter is used by hispanics, white people and black people sometimes interchangeably  - and is "completely acceptable"  It's all about intent and environment.  It is completely ridiculous how such a negative word has so many different rules.  To play it safe .. JUST DONT USE IT!!!!   There is no doubt that Paula used this word in a derogatory sense.  It is not a valid argument at all to say black people use this word, so I am too.  She used it to discredit, to hurt, and to claim herself superior.  Now she herself is discredited, hurt and inferior.    Did she deserve to be crucified?  When you are in the public eye, you have a responsibility to act with compassion and as a model citizen.

While this may be true, should it really apply to something said so long ago? The whole situation is utterly ridiculous and, in my opinion, it actually weakens the cause of equality.

I agree with everything you're saying, but isn't she getting crucified for what she said decades ago? I don't recall her ever being called out for being a racist ever since she became a celebrity, until recently anyway.

Edit: Xenosion beat me to it.