CLI file manager with an HTOP-like interface?

Does there exist a file manager for linux that lets you browse, delete, copy, move and rename files, while running in the command-line, but has an easy-to-use semi-graphical interface like htop , which allows you to use the mouse even in a command line environment?

I ask because my router won't let me delete many files off its attached USB HD through the Samba protocol.  I'll use Windows Explorer to get to the Samba share, and I can copy files from it just fine, and I can even delete and rename some files, because my Samba user has both read/write access, but it can't delete most files because of a file-in-use error.  This happens when I'll use the router's built-in torrent client (Transmission) to download a large torrent file, then I will remove the torrent from Transmission to stop it from seeding.  Later I'll go to delete the file off the USB HD, and it won't let me, probably because it thinks the file is in use.  Even though Transmission doesn't have the torrent file loaded anymore.  This happens even after restarting the router.  

However, for some strange reason, I can delete the files if I SSH into the router and use the rm -rf command.  I just can't delete them through the Samba interface, most of the time.  Even though my Samba user is set up for both read and write access.  So because I know the command line RM works, is there a nicer, prettier, mouse-supported way of RM-ing things in the command line, kind of like how htop is a nicer, prettier, mouse-supported version of top?

I agree with the evn show. Not only is Midnight Commander (often abbreviated as its command name "mc") a very good curses-based file manager, it is the standard.