Xbone marketing at its finest!

No worse then people calling it the "Xbone" (which I always read as "X Bone") :pinch:

That's why people call it that. Major Nelson already said the team hates that name. You could start calling it the POS4 if you wanted to stoop to their level though.

Terrible slogans and quite simply symptomatic of the appalling marketing/PR Microsoft have had from the start with this thing. I've said it before that it seems like Microsoft dont even know what is good about the Xbox One, they are all over the place.

• Like 3

Terrible slogans and quite simply symptomatic of the appalling marketing/PR Microsoft have had from the start with this thing. I've said it before that it seems like Microsoft dont even know what is good about the Xbox One, they are all over the place.

Oh come on, they're quite tacky and lame but MS clearly means business with this much of an advertisement drive this early on. The average joe will just be really excited to see advertisements of a new console generation.

• Like 1

That's why people call it that. Major Nelson already said the team hates that name.

which still the team fault why this happens.

They have all the time to came up with better name for the new console,

and predicts how people might reacts and call it instead.

And yet they whine because they got the hints that the reality is not what they hope to be.

Oh come on, they're quite tacky and lame but MS clearly means business with this much of an advertisement drive this early on. The average joe will just be really excited to see advertisements of a new console generation.

I didnt say they don't mean business, but these ads are sending the wrong message imo, if you can even figure out what the message is supposed to be.

I didnt say they don't mean business, but these ads are sending the wrong message imo, if you can even figure out what the message is supposed to be.

There's no message, its more so a "f*ck yes new console". For example, if I was a kid or a dude who was remotely into gaming, I'd just be excited to see that the new cycle of consoles was coming. They're just there to generate excitement.

which still the team fault why this happens.

They have all the time to came up with better name for the new console,

and predicts how people might reacts and call it instead.

And yet they whine because they got the hints that the reality is not what they hope to be.

It's not the name that's the problem, it's trolls deliberately spelling the number out, so that it says "bone". Did people call the Xbox 360 the "XThreeSixty"? No, it was just the "360". There are plenty of shorter alternatives than "Xbone" so shortening it down isn't the excuse. There's X1, XOne for examples.

Just wait for John to find these. He will post it along with a misleading title and factually incorrect article to go with it.

Give me a break. You may not always agree with what John writes, but I can't recall seeing anything "factually incorrect" from him. If he has gotten something wrong -- we're all human -- I doubt it's something that happens often.

I also don't see a "misleading title" in any of his most recent articles.

• Like 2

Let's stick to the point of the thread rather than attacking another member of the community (yes, staff members and writers are members of the community). If nothing else it is breaking the community rules.

That said, I've got little to add to the topic. The "Beta tested from the future" makes some sense - I think they're trying to point out that the console will be future-proof - but the "if it were any more real it would be real" advert is just horrible wording for what it is trying to say.

But as others have pointed out, this is just an attempt to raise some hype. I hardly think its main intention is to get newcomers interested, but more for the people that are already looking forward to its release.

• Like 3

it doesnt make any sense... beta tested in the future? does that mean its a alpha level console and when you buy it its beta tested by millions of people with the real hardware coming out like a year later?

Why mention beta testing to the general public? That one specifically is really stupid.

Because these adverts are targeted specifically at techies, it to far ahead to beta regretted at the general public. Bt you knew this.