• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• 2,573 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 16 September 2013 - 22:12

Haha, she looks nice, but I think I prefer the blurred Asian in the back. I have to admit, I have a Lucy Liu fetish.

Oh, I'd be all over Lucy.  :laugh:

But really, as a West Indian, shout out to all the East Indians. I don't believe why people think the USA alone counts as America. I thought America was a continent.

#62 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,280 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 22:21

LOL, what's this disgusting desperation of looking friendly multicultural these days. It's even made fun of in GTA.

Let me pick a "different" winner so we look like we appeal to everyone, +++ ratings. She should also be a lesbian, maybe with some sort of handicap to further promote "friendliness".

#63 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,764 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 22:39

Yes, there are still a few bigots out there - greatly magnified in their apparent volume by the media and internet while the rest of us are living quietly integrated lives. Our future daughter in law is of Nigerian ancestry, a grandson is 1/4 black and 1/4 hispanic and on a larger scale 2 US states, Louisiana and South Carolina, have Indian-American Governors. Both Southern, both deeply conservative.

Bigotry comes in many forms, not all of it racial. Some of it comes from those with political points to make being boorish boo-birds on the internet.

#64 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 22:42

LOL, what's this disgusting desperation of looking friendly multicultural these days. It's even made fun of in GTA.

Let me pick a "different" winner so we look like we appeal to everyone, +++ ratings. She should also be a lesbian, maybe with some sort of handicap to further promote "friendliness".

So you don't like people of different cultures, races, religion?

#65 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,844 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 17 September 2013 - 00:47

So you don't like people of different cultures, races, religion?

I may be wrong but I think SiCKX is exercising his usual dry sarcasm. :)

#66 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,475 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 00:58

Disgusting but nothing surprising actually.

The woman I read is a U.S.A. citizen born n bred in the U.S.A. and is a practising Hindu.

I read on teletext (bskb) she was threatened with death, called a Muslim and also that Obama voted for her.

I personally do not understand why their are such competitions, however some of the loot she won she is using to pay to go through medical school.

I wonder if the racists will choose to not seek medical attention from here if they were about to die.

#67 IsItPluggedIn

IsItPluggedIn

Neowinian

• 895 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:57

I find the biggest issue in most cultures for Racism is knowledge and Media.

Most of the people I have met which are racist, have never spent any time with the people they are so against, or they get their views from Friends/Family. Not everybody in this situation are racist but the below about the media will cause it. 

The media has brought the Race card out so many times in the programming to drum up numbers its not funny. They report on the non important issues and report that is because of race. This breads hatred on the other side. If a white guy gets shot by a black, its because he was white, which it probably wasn't, this will cause the whites to dislike the blacks, then they report the opposite. After a while people are shooting each other because of race and it is because the media bread the hatred.

Ignorance is not racism, but ignorance causes racism. If the USA or any other county wants to work on their Racism they need to work on the ignorance. Start teaching culture in school, increase funding in schools. Then start doing studies on the media and its affect towards racism and education. Push this.

As for whoever wrote about the living standards of the Aboriginals in Australia. That is not Racism, it is the inability of the people to work towards having a better standard of living. There is Racism towards them but it is not causing their living standards issue.

#68 +Dermot

Dermot

Gamer

• 313 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:30

Yeah because a video of edited together clips should be considered representative of the entire country.

I did not watch the video. Why? Because you say that it sums up America.  Stop putting all Americans or anyone else in the same category.  The actions of some do not represent the whole.  Racism and stupidity is everywhere.  It is like saying all Germans are Nazis and all the Irish are drunks.  Its dumb assed strereotypes like this that are a big problem in this world.

The point being that a lot of Americans are aggressive to the rest of the world and indifferent races but a select few when asked think Australia is North Korea and Tasmania was South Korea? (ref: video)

The moral of the story is they live in their own little bubble and think they're some original race that actually created the lands they are living on and feel their ways are the only ways and want to challenge anything or anyone that doesn't do it their way yet the majority of them have no idea about the countries or cultures they're against.

This girl was born and raised in America and the title is Miss America and she has every right to win the competition/event.

#69 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41

Who cares about who is Miss American anyway ... eventually they will end up in Playboy :) ...

#70 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

• 2,511 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:43

Who cares about who is Miss American anyway ... eventually they will end up in Playboy :) ...

Well, we can hope

#71 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:47

http://despicabletweets.tumblr.com/

#72 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,902 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:51

Yeah because a video of edited together clips should be considered representative of the entire country.

According to some people dashcam videos from russia are ...

#73 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:50

According to some people dashcam videos from russia are ...

So? Does it make it any truer than what I said?

#74 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,068 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:13

They should've at least stereotyped her right. They called her Muslim when 70% of Indian population is Hindu. 

India is not an Arab country lol.

#75 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,944 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:01

They should've at least stereotyped her right. They called her Muslim when 70% of Indian population is Hindu. 

India is not an Arab country lol.

my 2c, that they're stereotyped by Pakistan which +90% Muslim, and Pakistan did share the same ancestry with Indian, and share similar appearance as the genuine Indian.