19 replies to this topic

#16 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,964 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 September 2013 - 18:47

Not in America.

Pretty sure white racists burnt down more than a few black churches.

Regardless, people moving away from religion, becoming more secular, doesn't result in an attack on religious institutions. Many highly secular countries around the world don't have high rates of attacks on religious places of worship. So I reiterate my initial point: this seems like a opportunistic attack.

#17 Phouchg

Phouchg

has stopped responding

• 5,689 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 18:53

Not in America.

Oi! What about Walmarts built, among other things, on Native American burial grounds then?

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:03

Regardless, people moving away from religion, becoming more secular, doesn't result in an attack on religious institutions. Many highly secular countries around the world don't have high rates of attacks on religious places of worship. So I reiterate my initial point: this seems like a opportunistic attack.

Things have changed. It's not just a move to secularism, at least not from what I see. Our society is rapidly changing from a religious society to a strong hatred of religion in general and Christianity in particular. Plus, when something like this reported on the news it tends to spread via copycats. I may be completely wrong about this, but I see this just as a start of many more to come. In a few years people will either stop going to church or start carrying guns.

And btw, we've had several reports in our area in just the last few weeks of robberies occurring on park cars in the church parking lot during services. Some were even vandalized.

#19 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,964 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 September 2013 - 19:10

I don't think people "hate" Christianity or religion in general, I think people are becoming more critical of religion. It is dishonest to suggest increased criticism is equal to persecution.

I have no doubt that cars are targeted curing church services, but surely you don't think this is the result of disbelief? People probably just view it as easy pickings while the faithful are inside. Look at the rather massive gap between the obscenely wealthy and the abjectly poor to understand the desperate measures some people find themselves going to.

I think Jesus spoke about things like this. I don't think the folk in those Mega Churches are listening.

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,501 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 22:19

Things have changed. It's not just a move to secularism, at least not from what I see. Our society is rapidly changing from a religious society to a strong hatred of religion in general and Christianity in particular.

All part of the preparation for a new Christ-inspired 'religion'. ;)