OLDHAM COUNTY, KY (WAVE) ? It's become quite the attraction in Oldham County. Rusty Combs has had the idea for a playhouse for his grandchildren for a long time and he's finally made that idea come to life.

Combs' 20-month-old granddaughter, Kiley, is his pride and joy. Before she was born, Combs had a dream, something that's actually been decades in the making.

"It really did get designed along the way," said Combs.

First he imagined it for his two sons, but never got around to it. Once Combs became a grandfather he knew it was finally time to make his dream come true.

"Well, it started out about two years ago as a two month project," said Combs.

He set out to make the ultimate place to play, naming it "Kiley's Clubhouse."

"People will pull into the drive and say 'Hey, that's the coolest thing I've ever seen,'" said Combs.

The clubhouse is a 12-by-12 custom made log cabin. Up close it looks pretty standard, but from 50 feet below it looks a little different.

Four eight foot ladders will get you to the top of what used to be a corn silo. Each one leads to an unfinished floor held up by steel.

"One will be a granddaughter's room, the next floor will be a grandson's room," said Combs.

Once you're finally up to the top, it's a gift unlike any other.

Kiley's Clubhouse has everything from lights to running water, air conditioning, but the best part has got to be the view.

"I think you can see, when the foliage is gone, eight or nine water towers from up here," said Combs.

Combs built Kiley's Clubhouse in his garage. They had to use a crane to place it on top of the silo.

It was a process that was bound to turn a lot of heads.

"All my immediate neighbors have been fantastic," said Combs. "I think every single one of them has come and helped me on it from time to time."

Since it's been complete, onlookers can't get enough. "They run into each other in and out of the driveway almost," said Combs. "I think this past week there has probably been about 100 or so cars in and out and it's understandable. I would probably stop, too."

Combs says safety was key. He had to get a building permit and a structural architect had to approve the design.

The only thing missing now is Kiley. She hasn't been up in yet, only inside when it was on the ground.

Once Combs gets the ok from mom, he hopes she will love it as much as he loves her. "I hope she enjoys it for many years to come, maybe when she's my age who knows," said Combs.

source & video

post-37120-0-66655500-1379345805.jpg

post-37120-0-95946000-1379346131.jpg

It's nice and all but I wouldn't want any kid of mine being 50 feet off the ground like that.

I totally agree.  Keeping the playhouse on the ground would have been far more suitable.

Placing it on top of a 50 ft. silo has "accident waiting to happen" written all over it.

8 ladders ? Well that would be a good way to get your exercise. :huh:

Four ladders, eight foot each.

So you have to climb up 32 feet to get to the top.

Each ladder leads to its own floor, so you can stop after any of the four ladders and take a break if you can't make it all in one go.