• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:36

It does, Rockstar optimized their game to fetch data from both the hard drive (the mandatory installation) and different data from the optical drive at the same time (2 different buses), thus producing the best result. If you install both the discs on the hard drive, it becomes sort of a bottleneck and it isn't able to fetch the data efficiently and fast enough, causing pop-in. If you install the play disc to the USB flash drive that problem is solved as it will still fetch data from 2 different sources.

This has been the case with a few games in the past too, Halo 4 had this, but much less noticeable if I'm looking at Digital Foundry's videos.

Very interesting, Thanks for clearing that up :)

#17 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:46

I wonder if digital versions of the game will be affected by this?

#18 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:50

There is no digital version for the Xbox 360 right now, but if there is a Games on Demand version in the near future it will require a bit more optimization before release.

But I'm sure Rockstar will do that as I've seen it in the past with LA Noire and Max Payne 3 on the Xbox 360 too and they turned out fine.

#19 AmyGanner1992

AmyGanner1992

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:36

Can anyone help me?

I bought my brother this game (he has an xbox 360), when he gets to the second level the screen goes black and it freezes and goes back to the beginning. It then mentions something about not having enough storage space- but he has double checked this and he has more than enough storage.

Can anyone advise whether this has something to do with the 'Rockstar warns Xbox 360 players not to install both GTA V discs?'

If so is it even possible to play the game without installing both discs?

#20 Just the cook

Just the cook

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:12

Can anyone help me?

I bought my brother this game (he has an xbox 360), when he gets to the second level the screen goes black and it freezes and goes back to the beginning. It then mentions something about not having enough storage space- but he has double checked this and he has more than enough storage.

Can anyone advise whether this has something to do with the 'Rockstar warns Xbox 360 players not to install both GTA V discs?'

If so is it even possible to play the game without installing both discs?

Just install the one disc - not the play disc. Then run the game with the play disc in. If your brother has already installed both discs just uninstall it and reinstall the one disc.

#21 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:54

yup

GTA V Digital Version Reportedly Suffering Issues

Supposedly it's the same issue Xbox 360 users who install both discs have experienced.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...uffering-issues