Valve To Reveal Linux-Powered

Valve ? the company behind gaming distribution behemoth Steam ? are to reveal more details on their up-coming ?Steambox? gaming console next week.

Gabe Newell, Valve?s co-founder and managing director, gave the hint at the end of a keynote address at LinuxCon, New Orleans.

Newell?s full talk, which we?ve embedded below, provides an interesting Linux-slanted insight into how Valve (and Steam) use Linux internally and why they see it as the future of gaming.

?Next week we?re going to be rolling out more information ?about the hardware opportunities that we see for bringing Linux in to the living room.?

Youtube : here

Source : OMGubuntu

Looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to see what features it's got, especially with all this talk of "openness". I hope it's not just a PC running the Steam big-picture UI.

Looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to see what features it's got, especially with all this talk of "openness". I hope it's not just a PC running the Steam big-picture UI.

Me too.But I am not pretty much thrilled about it with such a fierce competition.But it is a step in the way

Gaming is totally coming to Linux! :D

In time, it will happily come.We really long for it

Valve ? the company behind gaming distribution behemoth Steam ? are to reveal more details on their up-coming ?Steambox? gaming console next week.

Gabe Newell, Valve?s co-founder and managing director, gave the hint at the end of a keynote address at LinuxCon, New Orleans.

Newell?s full talk, which we?ve embedded below, provides an interesting Linux-slanted insight into how Valve (and Steam) use Linux internally and why they see it as the future of gaming.

I'm commenting without seeing the video, which is always a dangerous thing. Linux has nearly taken over every other platform out there, except for gaming. I really don't expect Windows to lie down and do nothing while Linux becomes the gaming platform of choice. I guess time will tell.