Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiddingguy

iPhone 5S and 64 bit apps; how to update?

8 posts in this topic

Since iPhone 5S will be the first iPhone with 64 architecture I am wondering how installed apps will get 64 bit?

I mean I can restore my 32 bit backup onto it, but will my apps be automatically be updated to 64 bit app once this has become available? Or need I do this manually?

Just like for all the previous phones you'll just have to update the apps, there won't be separate 64bit versions.

1 person likes this

the process should be transparent to users as always and as it should be. developers can use new version of xcode to recompile all apps to take advantages of (any) new features.

the process should be transparent to users as always and as it should be. developers can use new version of xcode to recompile all apps to take advantages of (any) new features.

And the 64 bit app will be automatically shown once available and updated over the 32 bit ones? So user friendly and no need reinstalling the apps

So user friendly you won't even notice it.

Literally.

1 person likes this

Don't be so sure guys

According to a note Apple posted on its iOS Dev Center today

Don't be so sure guys

According to a note Apple posted on its iOS Dev Center today

Yeh, this is Apple we're talking about, everything the do is designed to make the user experience seemless, that's one of its main advantages over android.

When 64-bit apps are available,devs will publish them and iOS will update you from the 32-bit to the 64-bit. It'll just be like any other app update you've ever done.