iOS7; when will it be on your iDevice?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 September 2013 - 13:57

I'm running the GM on my iPhone 5 and I'm in love.  The improvements are huge over iOS 6.  I tried beta 6 on my iPad 3 and was less impressed, mostly because it was still very buggy.  Read some people's comments on the GM for iPad 3 and much of the same discontent existed: its laggy, buggy, and Apple keeps pulling back on the visual effects (glass blur effect is in some places but not others) but it isn't fixing the lag.  I think I will be holding off updating my iPad 3 from iOS 6 until some other folks have tried it.

The question is: Is GM for iPhone 5 the same as the final?  Should I still download the final and install it or am I fine just to keep the GM on it?  In the past there were no OTA updates from the GM to final.

#32 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 18 September 2013 - 14:01

iPad 4 is still running the the first version of iOS 6 and I don't see that changing ever. 

#33 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:18

It's been on my device since about 2 hours after it was Launched, despite a minor activation issue 

#34 Barney T.

Barney T.

Debian Linux: I'm Loving It!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:25

It's been on my device since about 2 hours after it was Launched, despite a minor activation issue 

Same here..... it took a good while to get through to the servers for the activation process to begin.

#35 -T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:27

Never, unless they jailbreak it. It really adds nothing for me that is worth giving up the jailbreak

#36 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:28

When it's jailbroken for iPad 3.

#37 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:18

Eh, it has slowed down the iPod Touch 5G. My coworker's iPhone 4 is slow as hell, the transitions are not smooth even this morning. Not liking that, and the color scheme absolutely sucks. It looks childish/feminine. I want to revert back to iOS6

#38 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37

Eh, it has slowed down the iPod Touch 5G. My coworker's iPhone 4 is slow as hell, the transitions are not smooth even this morning. Not liking that, and the color scheme absolutely sucks. It looks childish/feminine. I want to revert back to iOS6

Find the IPSW files for the devices, download them, then shift+restore through iTunes via DFU mode. If you do it quickly, you'll be able to downgrade before Apple shuts off the signing windows for iOS 6.

#39 Xyphus

Xyphus

Hardware Junkie

• OS: Windows 7 64bit, OSX, and various distros of Linux.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:37

Installed it on my iPhone last night, and installing it on my iPad currently.  Coming from using a Palm Pre for many years, I must say I like the changes they made to how you close apps now.  Swipe them up off the screen, just like what was in WebOS.  Feels like an old friend.  LOL!

#40 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47

Overall I like the update.  However, I still find the icons just horrible.

#41 OP kiddingguy

kiddingguy

^ Nikki, my dreambabe!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:46

Updated the same day. Lovin' it!

Feels faster, snappier and more modern.

Let's just see what battery life will bring these upcoming days....

#42 Bad Booster

Bad Booster

Evil Mastermind

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad 2 16GB WiFi

Posted 20 September 2013 - 18:10

Installed it on my 4S & HATED it. The animations are slow and choppy not to mention the interface is ugly as nicki minaj. Luckily I was able to restore to iOS6.

#43 Rayhoo

Rayhoo

Neowinian

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:21

already running it on my 5, though the color and the designing of the icons are really bad. but it's good from the whole picture. 

#44 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 September 2013 - 00:49

iPad 4 is still running the the first version of iOS 6 and I don't see that changing ever. 

Okay - why not?

Just updated an iPad 4 to iOS 7 (specifically, 7.0.2) and have noticed a decided speed bump compared to iOS 6.  Further, I can actually run apps in the background (right now, I have Total Domination: Reborn running that way - this is an iOS-native game, and utterly free).  This is not a cellular iPad - but the standard iPad 4 connected via wireless-N.

#45 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:25

Okay - why not?

Just updated an iPad 4 to iOS 7 (specifically, 7.0.2) and have noticed a decided speed bump compared to iOS 6.  Further, I can actually run apps in the background (right now, I have Total Domination: Reborn running that way - this is an iOS-native game, and utterly free).  This is not a cellular iPad - but the standard iPad 4 connected via wireless-N.

It's simple, because I don't really care.. lol