Does lack of commonsense equal higher pricing for consumers?

Idiocracy vs commonsense  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does the lack of commonsense drive up consumer pricing on some products?

• Yes it does
    • No it doesn't

i sometimes wonder if we as are a society are complacent enough to not care if somethings hot but are sharp enough to see if theres a hot warning label on there and if not get free money if it "accidentally" spills on us!! as a part of human evolution we have the nervous system leading to pain centers to tell us when something is hot cold, medium etc and most of that is learned as a child, i.e. cus your curious touch it its hot and burns, dont do it again.... to cold oo cold where gloves etc

its not hard, to many money grabbers out there... i think these people who sue a company for having hot coffee thats hot cus it spilled on them need to be shot dead. there diluting the gene pool into stupidity. only way people will learn tbh. ive spilled hot stuff on me but thats my own fault, i arent going to sue a company for providing the hot beverage i wanted. want something really refreshing, cool to the touch and makes you feel amazing... buy some water ffs your body is made of the stuff and needs it, get a grip and drink some

i arent going to sue a company for providing the hot beverage i wanted

God, I hope English isn't your first language. It took a bit of effort to get through your post, and yet, you go on a tangent about murdering people due to stupidity; speaking of which. :/

God, I hope English isn't your first language. It took a bit of effort to get through your post, and yet, you go on a tangent about murdering people due to stupidity; speaking of which. :/

it is im english and proper soz for bad grammar but the murdering people is a bit strong im just saying theres so many people dragging society down its rediculous. if someats hot on your lips you go oww then let it cool if it spills on you, then its probably your fault why its spilled on you, when i boil the kettle and make a cup of tea i dont go ooo how hot is this and chuck it in my face cus a thermometer just wont do, its rediculous, im sure its the american philososphy of the no win no fee system... thats come to uk now and im always getting calls, have you tripped or fallen in the last 5 years you could get a claim... ###### off if ive tripped its either cus ive not bin looking where i was going or i was drunk at the time, its my fault so get lost

As it seems everyone is loving to point out the hot coffee incident at McDonalds, I ask you all to actually research what took place.  If you saw the photos, you would swear she had gasoline poured on her lap and set ablaze.  It was quite traumatic.  After reading it all, I was amazed at how much I assumed I knew about the case (based on websites) was almost 100% incorrect and that the uncalibrated temperature gauge on the coffee machine and the fact that it was turned higher than the recommended setting, placed McD at fault.

That said, I believe there needs to be some common sense law put into place that state a person of average intelligence should have known better.  This law cannot be argued by either lawyer (as we all know they love to twist things).  Rather, it be an optional conclusion of the jury or court judge to determine.  

Yeah, but that's not the basis of the warning. The McDonalds in question was sued for serving unreasonably hot drinks, not for failing to warn that the beverage could be hot.

It's not the cause of the warning, it's merely a side case that lots of idiots crack on about.

Also, I wasn't aiming at that case >.< Been on the internet way too long to have not seen those pics D:

All the sucks..

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote related.

I like that.

I also think it would work just like kids learn that fire is hot by touching the flame... the hard way! Grown ups don't like to think they have done something foolish.

In answer to the question no, but it certainly does give higher prices an excuse.

I don't really know, but once the warning is there, the corp have provided the warning and if you're still not careful then it's definitely your own fault. Printing those warnings induces no extra cost, so why would anyone rally against them? It would certainly reduce a lot of the frivolous lawsuits as people then wouldn't be able to claim they hadn't been warned about the dangers.

The problem is that they can't print warning for everything, but could possibly be sued for it.  How many things do you think you could possibly do with a battery?  10?  50?  100?

Even if you listed those, some idiot would come up with something else and say, "That's not on the packaging, so I'm going to sue."

Just like a homeowner is liable if someone falls on their property, even though someone in reality can't pick up their feet properly.  You just can't account for some things.