Outlook services flagging Microsoft mail as spam

Why does this happen? Calendar events and a bunch of emails from Windows Developer network (and TechNet) were all fished out of the Outlook.com or Mail app spam folders. The emails even end in microsoft.com do they flag their own email for spam or have I done something wrong somewhere lol? 

btw I should probably mention that the email address they were sent to is a hotmail.com one, which makes it even stranger.

Check email headers to ensure they are actually from Microsoft...

They are.

Check to make sure you haven't blacklisted the domain name or anything like that.

I had to manually allow the emails to let them through. At least MS aren't biased about spam >.<

I just checked my gmail spam folder as well and apparently I had won the "Microsoft Corporations lottery", but now it's too late to deposit the few thousands dollars needed to reclaim the price. :(

I just checked my gmail spam folder as well and apparently I had won the "Microsoft Corporations lottery", but now it's too late to deposit the few thousands dollars needed to reclaim the price. :(

If you send me the account details I will happily investigate this and transfer the funds for a small handling fee ;)

Why does this happen? Calendar events and a bunch of emails from Windows Developer network (and TechNet) were all fished out of the Outlook.com or Mail app spam folders. The emails even end in microsoft.com do they flag their own email for spam or have I done something wrong somewhere lol? 

I can confirm this isn't 'normal', check your rules.