4 replies to this topic

#1 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• 3,063 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:11

tvc.jpg

For the first time, the ironically-named live-streaming service TVCatchup is offering catch-up TV. From later today, the outfit will be baking-in links to the UK's four major broadcasters' on-demand platforms to its own service -- giving you a choice between watching live TV and binge-watching old episodes of Only Connect. While access to BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and Demand 5 is currently limited to the browser, the feature will be rolled out to TVC's mobile apps in due course.

http://www.engadget....r-broadcasters/

#2 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,416 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:22

binge-watching old episodes of Only Connect

Now that's something I haven't done in a while. I like that show, but it's a serious mind######! :p

#3 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• 1,772 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 September 2013 - 14:20

I always thought it was an odd name for a website that didn;t offer catch-up. nice to see it getting added, lets just hope the broadcasters don't complain.

One thing the do need now is a search function to go back and find older content.

#4 lunamonkey

lunamonkey

Ten years on Neowin.

• 9,026 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 14:22

It's not ironic, as the original intention for the site was to offer this (and I'm sure they temporarily did) until licence / costs prohibited them from doing so.

#5 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 16,416 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 17 September 2013 - 14:24

I always thought it was an odd name for a website that didn;t offer catch-up. nice to see it getting added, lets just hope the broadcasters don't complain.

It's just links to the content like on iPlayer (they have links to ITV Player, 4OD, Demand Five, and even something called the Community Channel), so they're probably fine with it.