Xbox One exclusive Ryse runs at 900p

Upscaling is the new megapixels (or the new interpolation for whoever prefers scanners or webcams to cameras).

I can't wait to take a screenshot of the game, slap it into the cheapest parallel 19200DPI scanner and have the crispiest image ever! That's how it works, right?

even sonys first party developer couldnt believe ryse was running on xbox one hardware. (guerilla games,developer of killzone)

Yes everything we showed at E3 and Gamescom was on kits. From my point of view the development is coming along well and with the optimizations we have put in, I am pretty confident the final game will look better than what we showed at E3. I even had to open the cupboard to prove it to some guys from Guerilla who didn?t believe me. At the demo stations our kits were on top of the cupboard directly connected to the screens, so no way we could have done anything else other than run on kits.?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Crytek-Ryse-Look-Better-Xbox-One-Than-It-Did-E3-59478.html

even sonys first party developer couldnt believe ryse was running on xbox one hardware. (guerilla games,developer of killzone)

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Crytek-Ryse-Look-Better-Xbox-One-Than-It-Did-E3-59478.html

Heh, that's kinda laughable to be honest.   And from another developer?  Why would anyone, after all this time, doubt Cryteks ability to code visually great looking games on consoles?   I thought they proved themselves with Crysis 2/3 and how much optimization they can put into CryEngine 3.

Heh, that's kinda laughable to be honest.   And from another developer?  Why would anyone, after all this time, doubt Cryteks ability to code visually great looking games on consoles?   I thought they proved themselves with Crysis 2/3 and how much optimization they can put into CryEngine 3.

It's guerilla of course it's laughable. Never known for just releasing pre-rendered movies as trailers.. No Never!

I hope people move away from arguing over these tech specs and just look at the games.

Sometimes, ignorance can really be bliss because people get obsessed with these numbers, forgetting about how good or bad a game looks when you play it.

I hope people move away from arguing over these tech specs and just look at the games.

Sometimes, ignorance can really be bliss because people get obsessed with these numbers, forgetting about how good or bad a game looks when you play it.

Exactly, before anyone knew specifics everyone talked up how great the game(s) look and so on, now we find out some are going to be upscaled a bit to 1080p and suddenly the sky is falling.    Ryse is looking even better the closer we come to release IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree - since the PS3/360 I have bought many games across both platforms and not once have I looked at the back to see if its running in 1080 or 720. It just doesn't matter to me, I play for the games and gameplay comes first. If it looks good as well as plays good then that's a bonus.