Xbox One exclusive Ryse runs at 900p

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#196 blerk

blerk

Neowinian

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:16

ryse1_by_raziel1992-d6odjcy.gif

Nice to see that the next-gen consoles all have a focus on nice teeth.

From Riley (Call of Duty Dog) to Ryse, XB1 looks to have some of the nicest teeth of any next-gen console  :D  :D 

#197 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:21

Solid news for those who were concerned.

#198 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 29 September 2013 - 16:59

I think it is 900p native.

They apply their upscaler for AA, framebuffer, and native 1080p, which is a very confusing way to put things, as that means it uses an upscaler to achieve native 1080p, which is not native right?

#199 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 29 September 2013 - 17:46

I think it is 900p native.

They apply their upscaler for AA, framebuffer, and native 1080p, which is a very confusing way to put things, as that means it uses an upscaler to achieve native 1080p, which is not native right?

The interesting thing is, is that its been 900p this whole time. No-one has noticed including journalists, media and everyone who's played it. With the framebuffer comment, post-processing effects may be applied after  its upscaled which may create a weird hybrid which causes the 1080p look so to speak.

Since its been like this since day 1 and the E3 demo was 900p, not bothered, looks intense.

#200 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2013 - 18:05

I would be amazed if many of the launch titles on both XB1 or PS4 run at 60fps/1080. Launch titles are NEVER going to use the full potential of consoles so I don't see this as any surprise.

Also, is there any need for the "magical hidden power" part, all you're asking for is yet ANOTHER thread that this forum could do without over who has the biggest e-p***s because they chose the "right console".

Agreed.  These discussions would be much better if they were a bit less juvenile (And posters in general thought through their posts a little before posting...  It's common sense that launch titles aren't optimized to take full advantage of ANY console's feature set or hardware...  This has been the case since the beginning of time.  LOL

#201 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 September 2013 - 18:15

Upscaling is the new megapixels (or the new interpolation for whoever prefers scanners or webcams to cameras).

I can't wait to take a screenshot of the game, slap it into the cheapest parallel 19200DPI scanner and have the crispiest image ever! That's how it works, right?

#202 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 29 September 2013 - 23:41

even sonys first party developer couldnt believe ryse was running on xbox one hardware. (guerilla games,developer of killzone)

Yes everything we showed at E3 and Gamescom was on kits. From my point of view the development is coming along well and with the optimizations we have put in, I am pretty confident the final game will look better than what we showed at E3. I even had to open the cupboard to prove it to some guys from Guerilla who didn’t believe me. At the demo stations our kits were on top of the cupboard directly connected to the screens, so no way we could have done anything else other than run on kits.”

http://www.cinemable...d-E3-59478.html

#203 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:37

#204 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:54

even sonys first party developer couldnt believe ryse was running on xbox one hardware. (guerilla games,developer of killzone)

http://www.cinemable...d-E3-59478.html

Heh, that's kinda laughable to be honest.   And from another developer?  Why would anyone, after all this time, doubt Cryteks ability to code visually great looking games on consoles?   I thought they proved themselves with Crysis 2/3 and how much optimization they can put into CryEngine 3.

#205 Vandalsquad

Vandalsquad

Neowinian

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:01

Heh, that's kinda laughable to be honest.   And from another developer?  Why would anyone, after all this time, doubt Cryteks ability to code visually great looking games on consoles?   I thought they proved themselves with Crysis 2/3 and how much optimization they can put into CryEngine 3.

It's guerilla of course it's laughable. Never known for just releasing pre-rendered movies as trailers.. No Never!

#206 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:27

I hope people move away from arguing over these tech specs and just look at the games.

Sometimes, ignorance can really be bliss because people get obsessed with these numbers, forgetting about how good or bad a game looks when you play it.

#207 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:23

I hope people move away from arguing over these tech specs and just look at the games.

Sometimes, ignorance can really be bliss because people get obsessed with these numbers, forgetting about how good or bad a game looks when you play it.

Exactly, before anyone knew specifics everyone talked up how great the game(s) look and so on, now we find out some are going to be upscaled a bit to 1080p and suddenly the sky is falling.    Ryse is looking even better the closer we come to release IMO.

#208 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:47

Completely agree - since the PS3/360 I have bought many games across both platforms and not once have I looked at the back to see if its running in 1080 or 720. It just doesn't matter to me, I play for the games and gameplay comes first. If it looks good as well as plays good then that's a bonus.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!