[IN DEVELOPMENT] bbLean revived

bblean x64 2013 compile new

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:20

(I'm not very good with coming up with project names. :/ Also, my first post here on Neowin :D)

I hope at least someone will be interested in my small project.

I noticed how the last build of bbLean released was in 2009 (a bit over 4 years ago). I also noticed how little x64 plugins there are. So, I have decided to make this project in the hopes to bring bbLean up to speed.

Current development status: Alpha (not tested thoroughly, initial tests successful)
Latest x64 bbLean compile status: Success, x64
Compiler used: MinGW64 4.7.3

I don't have any screenshots at the moment since I'm still developing it.

#2 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:26

Nice, are you going to update the code for new platforms or you intend also to add new features?

#3 OP DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:34

Nice, are you going to update the code for new platforms or you intend also to add new features?

Well, at this point, I'm focusing on getting everything to compile under MinGW64 (minor code changes here and there) and getting some of (optimistically some of, more optimistically most of) the plugins with released source code to compile under x64. So far, I have bbIconBox+, uberbox_lite, bbLeanBar+, bbLeanSkin+ and bbStyle all compiling, compiled and working (in initial tests), so only minor code changes at this point until I have a good amount of plugins working. Thanks for the support. :D

#4 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:35

I remember those days... I had it on my system for little while before I got Windows 7... I haven't used it since..

#5 vetsanctified

sanctified

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:37

If you want testers (specially with multiple monitors) I'll glady help you. Loved blackbox back in the day. In fact I made a couple of skins.

#6 OP DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:42

If you want testers (specially with multiple monitors) I'll glady help you. Loved blackbox back in the day. In fact I made a couple of skins.

Sure! once I have a (somewhat) rich build available, I'll give you a shout!

#7 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 17 September 2013 - 19:42

There's a blast from the past.. last time I desired an alternate shell was back in the XP days, but why not, sign me up too, I'll throw it on a machine for testing when it's available.

#8 OP DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 17 September 2013 - 20:09

There's a blast from the past.. last time I desired an alternate shell was back in the XP days, but why not, sign me up too, I'll throw it on a machine for testing when it's available.

Definitely! bbSystemBar is giving me a bit of a struggle right now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that one work. :(

#9 OP DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:57

Definitely! bbSystemBar is giving me a bit of a struggle right now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that one work. :(

Well, bbSystemBar and bbWinSkin are out of the question, since neither were designed for x64 compilers. But, I did get the entirety of bbMein and bb4win_mod compiled under x64, which means bbLeanSkin+ and things of that sort! I want to keep the base bbLean as vanilla as I possibly can though.

#10 vetsanctified

sanctified

Posted 18 September 2013 - 20:11

I dont know man, a bb enviroment without bbSystemBar?

#11 OP DBlake

DBlake

Neowinian

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:48

I dont know man, a bb enviroment without bbSystemBar?

I haven't given up yet! I'm still working on it. It doesn't help that it was made for the MSVC Compilers...
Also, I fixed that transparency in apps with Aero enabled with bbLeanSkin. See:

http://i.imgur.com/AMLLHBl.png Works like a charm. Unfortunately, the black bar cannot be worked around.

#12 horusrogue

horusrogue

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 03 October 2013 - 19:59

What plugins don't work? I mean some haven't been developed since 2004-2008 :) I run Windows 7 64 Pro and BBlean [2009] runs perfectly for me! I'll be watching this thread though since I can't get a lot of the system monitoring plugins to run.

Screenshot:

http://postimg.org/i...pfpi1akh5/full/

#13 xtp183

xtp183

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 06 October 2013 - 15:28

Hello Dblake. Since you are going to be looking at sources for plugins to try and compile 64-bit versions, perhaps have a look at these ones I found: http://pitris.info/s...ms/bbsource.zip Source page: http://pitris.info/BBlean The main site for plugins Lostinthebox.com seems to be dead, but apparently there was already 64-bit bbInterface and BBrun plugins created, at least according to the comments on this page: http://blackboxdeskt...oblem-308348963

#14 shozilla

shozilla

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 06 October 2013 - 15:36

Sure! once I have a (somewhat) rich build available, I'll give you a shout!

Count me in for beta testing.

:)

#15 gropax

gropax

Neowinian

Posted 06 October 2013 - 16:58

Hey people,

It's great to see this topic getting attention. A while back I saw many shell setups with bbLean, and absolutely loved it, so I tried to give it a go, but unfortunately, on a 64-bit system (Win7)... well, you probably know the issue, as this thread is just about it (I registered just for this, after seeing it popping up in Google).

Looking forward to seeing progress - would probably be up for a bit of testing, but I am not that familiar with bb yet. Even so, if I can contribute something, I would be happy to.