7 posts in this topic

An eighth grade football player reportedly died after suffering an allergic reaction when he was attacked by ants last week.

Cameron Espinosa, a 13-year-old student at Haas Middle School in Corpus Christi, Texas, had a severe allergic reaction during halftime on Wednesday. Corpus Christi Independent School District officials confirmed Espinosa?s death Monday on its Facebook page.

?CCISD is deeply saddened by the tragic loss of one of our very own Haas Middle School students,? the statement read. ?We would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of this student. The District will do all we can in support of the student?s family and the entire Haas school community during this sad time.?

"He was standing there on the sidelines and just started yelling 'Ants! Ants!" Lorette Williams, director of communications for the school district, told the New York Daily News.

Principal Lynda Ann De Leon told CBS affiliate KZTV that the school?s football coach told Espinosa to ?get a water bottle and spray yourself off? until he started screaming in pain. School board member Hector Salina reportedly found more than 20 ant piles on the school?s football field.

more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... Don't paramedics over there carry adrenaline for things like this?

 

Also, I've never heard of anyone going into anaphalactic shock from ants before... Poor kid...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... Don't paramedics over there carry adrenaline for things like this?

 

Also, I've never heard of anyone going into anaphalactic shock from ants before... Poor kid...

 

The paramedics probably wasn't sure what to do in this case. It is extremely rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... Don't paramedics over there carry adrenaline for things like this?

 

Also, I've never heard of anyone going into anaphalactic shock from ants before... Poor kid...

You will go when it is your time -- no shot will help. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that's pretty damn sad. So unusual too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The paramedics probably wasn't sure what to do in this case. It is extremely rare.

 

Anyone with training can recognize anaphalactic shock...

 

You will go when it is your time -- no shot will help. ;)

 

Bullocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.