I want to play a "identify this camera" game...

There is a recent trend to discriminate users according to their preferences on camera, basically if it's Nikon and you have Cannon you are doomed (I haven't heard to much of that here, but other places is... bad~), let's not mention other camera brands. So I came with the following idea... let's see how good is people at differencing cameras by using the photos taken from them....

Without further ado, here are the photos, note that the last two were taken with absolutely no light, only aperture priority and 3.0 exposition.... and a lot of time (I could hear the shutter retracting after like 20 secs or something)

Ah, forgot to mention, EXIF has been modified.

.... Some tags were not properly removed, going to see what to do in there.... Done, now I can upload them again....

0lcc.jpg

nttv.jpg

t16g.jpg

8vf2.jpg

Wrong models, try again! :D I won't say too much, this is getting funnier as it is! :D

By telling "Wrong Models" what do you mean exactly? :D

Is brand correct? It is hard to differentiate model due to type of lens may have dramatic effect on output? :)

The question is : is it a Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 ?

Nope, it isn't. I have the photo of the camera for everybody to see the culprit :D, the Cannon 70D was an awesome comparison ^^

OK... then can you find me other cameras that uses the same lens as yours ? Carl Zeiss 10.4-37.1 mm f/1.8-4.9.

Like I said, I can upload straight away the camera in question, and you are going to get a surprise. It indeed you tell me that the lens of the camera defines the brand, then I'll upload the photo, if it doesn't, then you will understand that what I wanted to achieve is the comparisons made against DSLRs... rendering brand discrimination... let's say, completely nonsensical. So you tell me, should I do it or should I let the comparisons continue?

I did not say that the lens defines the brand. I said that when you search for that particular lens, the RX100 is the only camera that comes out of the search.

I think you should give the answer because trying to figure out a camera solely based on the image quality IS nonsense.

Well, here it is for everybody :D, thanks for the guesses, they were really great, I must admit though that judging only on image it's a bit more difficult, that's what I wanted to achieve here... so like I said xplatinum, here it is:

9w5q.jpg

Please excuse camera quality, this photo comes from the logitech C920 :), as you can see xplatinum, the camera it's actually based on a RX100 M2, not only RX100, differences are on the sensor, which is a back illuminated one (and according to marketing it allows for 40% more light), so indeed you were quite close. RX100, RX100 M2 and the QX100 all of them share the same lens and sensor size though :)

That's all folks! I hope you liked this little experiment ^^