A Request

Ah! I love reporting spammers, it's like a sport for me.

I wish we had a bonus point system for it or something, with leader-boards. That could be fun. :rofl:

Actually going through each of the spammer's posts and hitting the report button is more annoying than helpful :p like with other IPB boards, we hit a "flag as spammer" button and it nukes all the posts at once. It doesn't take care of the piling up of spammer reports though :/

Back in the day when IPB lacked this feature, it was a pain. We'd have to manually delete each of the spammer's posts, and then ban the spammer.

I wouldn't mind a quicker path to ignore users.

The problem with having lots of people on ignore is that threads start to look fragmented and nonsensical.... I'd really encourage folks to use that feature as sparingly as possible, and learn to not let things get to you. In life there are always going to be people you don't agree with, people who are jerks, or people who are just plain stupid. On a forum you *can* try to put yourself in a box and avoid it all, but you usually can't in real life unless you hole up in your house 24/7. It's useful to be able to deal with it instead, without getting angry or whatever.

• Like 2

In life there are always going to be people you don't agree with, people who are jerks, or people who are just plain stupid. On a forum you *can* try to put yourself in a box and avoid it all, but you usually can't in real life unless you hole up in your house 24/7.

My goal, exactly. :shifty:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And I request that you do not bump old threads. :p

cursed touchscreens. I went to hit quote and hit marked solved instead....

But as it's a request thread, I request you make me some lime chicken :p

cursed touchscreens. I went to hit quote and hit marked solved instead....

But as it's a request thread, I request you make me some lime chicken :p

Yay! More points..... oh wait. Also, do you even have chickens? :p
  • Like 1

Just a simple question, If you're travelling in a car at the speed of light, and you turn your lights on, do they do anything?

If you don't want to answer that, it's fine as my real question was...

On the Community Index, or Forum Page, one can hover (or mouseover) a username, and have options, Like seeing the Avatar Picture, Rating, a 'Find Content' Button, and a 'Send PM' Button, and of course the add/remove friend button, amongst other information.

Would it be possible to add a 'Report this User' button to that Menu?

Hell, while I'm asking, How bout a 'Block User' on the same menu?

You can do that on their profile.