Xbox music player pathetic, any alternatives?

Many things are rubbish compared to rival music apps but in hoping things will get better as time goes on, i couldn't find an alternative in the app store is there even one that exists?

Rdio has the most similar features to Xbox Music. They do not have an metro app though. On the web side of things Google Music is also very similar, I really like it. Same story though, no metro app.

I have spent the last month trying to find an alternative and have come to accept that really Xbox Music is the best service at this point. I am frustrated by their lack of features that existed in Zune but at the same time it is the only service that has apps for all of my devices.

Im just frustrated by the lack of features, is there a reason why there isn't a good alternative? Another problem i keep getting is instead of all my songs in 1 album all songs from that album have loads of albums, so the album view is cluttered with the same album if that makes sence

I am as well. It is very strange to me that Microsoft completely ditched all of Zune's features. They had so much content and their music discoverability was so good. They had the best system and they abandoned it. Their channels were great, their playlists were great, even the social aspects were very good. And they abandoned everything to make a Google Music clone. Very frustrating for existing users especially.

Maybe it was just too much to maintain in order to provide a cross platform experience. There is really no service out there that comes close to what Zune offered, there are, as you so no real alternatives. Pretty much every service is now the same. Microsoft, Google and Apple all have the same system with a different skin.

At least Xbox Music has an app for every platform.

I wish there was something like PowerAmp for WP. I use it on my Android and I love it. Best mobile media player with tons of features, excellent playlist management, powerful DSP/sound controls, bitrate display, crossfade, replaygain, and lots of other stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just go for Spotify, the app is the slightest bit better since it launched in beta. Also, high quality listening.

Oh i din't know spotify loaded music thats on your device, or is it streaming only?, i'm still very suprised no one has made another music player for WP8 or does microsoft forbid it?

You can make one, just most people are happy (enough) with XBox music.

The few that have been made are either paid or just plain old bad.

I find the album thing enormously frustrating as well, but I went and cleaned up my music collections' tags and it went away.

I don't listen to much music on my phone, so my experience is just from casual use >.<

Oh i din't know spotify loaded music thats on your device, or is it streaming only?, i'm still very suprised no one has made another music player for WP8 or does microsoft forbid it?

Spotify can playback local music and it's also a streaming service. What are you talking about - there are plenty of music players that support WP8...Mediamonkey, Foobar2000, iTunes, etc. 

I miss the Zune software very much. The W8 Music app is garbage. The only nice feature is when you change the system volume, it shows track info. 

I guess your right!, tsupersonic, a little politeness is doesn't cost you a thing. if you read my post properly i said another music player for WP8, last time i checked on the WP8 app store itunes. mediamonkey nor foobar200 are on there.

Spotify can playback local music and it's also a streaming service. What are you talking about - there are plenty of music players that support WP8...Mediamonkey, Foobar2000, iTunes, etc. 

I miss the Zune software very much. The W8 Music app is garbage. The only nice feature is when you change the system volume, it shows track info. 

He's chasing an app to play music on the phone.

Zune used to be the software on the phone as well, so he is comparing WP7 Zune to WP8 Xbox Music.

Zune was definitely better. XBox music will get updates I expect, but it's a bit lackluster atm.

I'm thinking of moving to android >.>

I guess your right!, tsupersonic, a little politeness is doesn't cost you a thing. if you read my post properly i said another music player for WP8, last time i checked on the WP8 app store itunes. mediamonkey nor foobar200 are on there.

Sorry! :)

Sorry! :)

That's ok!, btw on spotify (haven't used it in years), do i have to login every time to play my local music?

Music Match its the best player I have used and is the closest to the Zune HD's player. It also shows lyrics as they are played & has Facebook integration if you want.

I'm not sure what you are looking for. A desktop app to sync your device ? A metro media player ?

Anyway if what you are looking for is a desktop app able to sync here's a list of good ones i know (they might not sync to WP or IOS without iTune installed).

Miro

MusicBee

Clementine

I'm not sure what you are looking for. A desktop app to sync your device ? A metro media player ?

Anyway if what you are looking for is a desktop app able to sync here's a list of good ones i know (they might not sync to WP or IOS without iTune installed).

Miro

MusicBee

Clementine

He posted in Windows Phone section, so he is obviously looking for a phone app.