PC Boots But Nothing On Screen, No Beeps

Boy I got a strange issue. My wife's PC has stopped working and I don't know what else to troubleshoot.

At the moment the machine turns on but no beeps are heard and nothing appears on the screen. I have swapped monitors, video cards, memory and power supply.

That did not help. I did not swap the CPU but I have to mention that for awhile before this happened I always heard a loud noise from a fan which happens to be the CPU Fan and it would spin fast and loud for awhile. I should have paid more attention to that then.

Tonight while nothing would show on screen when the fan was plugged in it spun fast and loud again. Could this mean the CPU is toast or possibly overheating? Why no beeps?

I have the CPU and a Chasis Fan turned off for now.

Flynn

So now it works with the fan on? It could just have lost its bearings, and needs a replacement. Therefore, it could be overheating.

I did. I changed memory, video card, power supply and monitor.

When I plug in the CPU Fan it spins fast and loud but nothing happens. No beeps and nothing on screen

I have not removed the CMOS battery yet

disconnect the HDD, DVD drives and any other none essential items and then try to power on.

remove the RAM, place 1 stick in and try to boot, if it don't work, take out and put in another slot and then try.

i've had a few old XP machines that have done this, and it's turned out to be bad RAM slots, dont know why by on the 3 machines that i've had this issue with, all have been old XP systems, and each time the 1 RAM slot that the ram was in had gone bad.

Thanks for the help. I will have to try tomorrow as it is midnight here and I need to get to bed. I do have an extra CPU I can try as well as other CPU coolers. I will also try without the DVD and Hard Disk. I will report back tomorrow my findings.

I think it does have to do with the CPU area as the CPU fan goes crazy with the fast spin and noise,

I am going to purchase a new CPU cooler and CMOS battery tonight. I have an extra CPU to swap out

Well I purchased them and after much hassling still nothing. I will swap out CPU and other things tomorrow. It is frustrating

Just an update. After swapping everything and still nothing I determined it was the motherboard. I removed all devices and screws and left the case and motherboard only. Had it recycled.

Doing a new build for my wife now..

Thanks for all the help