PS4 will allow video capture via HDMI

Commentators on youtube were afraid you would need to purchase additional hardware for their capture cards to work since Sony didn't disclose any details at the time.

It's definitely good to see options and that you're not limited to the 15 minute share button.

Read somewhere else that this will not be available at launch.

Your right, it has now been mentioned that this will not be doable at launch, but sometime after.

So apparently, Sony has a done a little 180 for us and will fix the issue post launch. 

Again, great news for people that like to capture and not being restricted to 15 minute videos or uploading to the services that Sony supports through the share feature.

Its good to see these console companies taking feedback and making changes that make things better for everyone. 

Your right, it has now been mentioned that this will not be doable at launch, but sometime after.

So apparently, Sony has a done a little 180 for us and will fix the issue post launch. 

Again, great news for people that like to capture and not being restricted to 15 minute videos or uploading to the services that Sony supports through the share feature.

Its good to see these console companies taking feedback and making changes that make things better for everyone. 

I haven't seen anywhere which states it would not be doable at launch, I think people assumed the video capture would have HDCP because the PS3's hdmi did, but the PS3 had AV component connection which could be used to record and PS4 does not so people assumed you couldn't record and Sony just made a statement after the 'Net Buzz' to clear it up, I dont think they changed anything it was like that already.

I haven't seen anywhere which states it would not be doable at launch, I think people assumed the video capture would have HDCP because the PS3's hdmi did, but the PS3 had AV component connection which could be used to record and PS4 does not so people assumed you couldn't record and Sony just made a statement after the 'Net Buzz' to clear it up, I dont think they changed anything it was like that already.

I think it was a twitter post from someone at Sony that pointed to it coming after launch.  I know the Machinima guys pointed that out while talking about this story.  I know they have been on a tear trying to get Sony to clear this issue up.  I'll track down the source, but I'm sure you can search for it.

If that turns out to be false, then you could be right and it was always there, but if its true, that would seem to say that Sony decided to provide the option after hearing feedback. 

Its really not a big deal, its nice that they are willing to make changes when needed.

If that was true, it would work at launch. Sony's twitter mouthpieces have made it clear that it won't work at launch.

Join the dots, it is a policy reversal.

• Like 1

If that was true, it would work at launch. Sony's twitter mouthpieces have made it clear that it won't work at launch.

Join the dots, it is a policy reversal.

What twitter post?

(Below is the one the article refers to)

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

I don't see anything about it not working at launch.