5 posts in this topic

Posted

Edmonton, Canada resident, Sheila Taschuk took her Honda Element in to a repair shop and was surprised when she received a speeding ticket for a violation that incurred when the car was supposed to be at the shop.

As reported by Global News, the warranty work required that her car stay at Boyd Autobody & Glass for two-and-a-half weeks. Sheila said that the shop,

Posted

Sounds like this company has dropped the ball all the way around. Unless they straighten up fairly quickly, it may take a lawsuit to settle things.

Posted

These days, it shouldn't be hard to snap a photo of your dash/mileage yourself, with a cell phone.

Posted

I'd say 1400km is a lot of joyriding, but who'd go joyriding in a Honda Element?

But in all seriousness...the invoices my dealer prints out include "Mileage In" and "Mileage Out".  Of course both can be entered incorrectly or changed...

This also goes (way) beyond a road test; a Honda Element won't do 1400 (or even 1200) km on a single tank (maybe even two, I don't know).  Which means at some point it was refueled.  And unless the driver somehow decided to pay out of pocket, he'd have submitted a receipt, in which case someone has a paper trail.  But then, it was brought at the shop for some hail damage repairs, so that rules out any justification for any road test.

Definitely lots of questions unanswered--and I haven't even touched upon the ticket.  If it was my car, I'd be rather pissed and would demand getting to the bottom of this.

Posted

Definitely lots of questions unanswered--and I haven't even touched upon the ticket.  If it was my car, I'd be rather ****ed and would demand getting to the bottom of this.

Likewise. I'd probably throw one more fit over it.