Photo

iOS 7 Glitches and Bugs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:18

iOS 7 has some real nice stuff and lots if lovely minor enhancements too. But there are a few niggles.

So far...

Why are there still the 'old' tabs in Safari on the iPad?

STILL basic core apps missing on the iPad!

Real shame they've not put in shortcuts for turning on/off mobile data in the Control Centre. Much more useful for me than some of the stuff in there. Indeed post to Facebook and Twitter should be there too as they used to be in the Notification Centre.

Real shame the Weather app icon isn't dynamic like Calendar and Clock. Also a shame that weather in 'Today' in the Notification Centre is just plain text with no visual representation.

Intuitively I want to pinch to zoom out in photos to Collections and Years - so would like to see that introduced.

I also wish they'd also let you set as many calendar reminders as you want. The limit of two is annoying.

I thought all of the Apple made apps would have been redesigned - such as Find my Friends, which are still showing skeuomorphism.

Wish list for iOS 8 I guess :)

Anyone else got any?

#2 OP wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:21

I think App updates are much slower - I get some dated for the previous day but the time they show up - despite manually checking.

I'm also getting a lot of 'No service' and then jumping to good signal strength in the same location.

Not 100% yet but Facebook push notifications also seem tardy requiring a manual check.

#3 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:22

I had an issue on my iPad 3 last night.  While watching a download in the App Store, the status bar was flashing on and off randomly.

#4 Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:31

I get badges on my App Store saying I need to update, I go to the store and there is no updates.

#5 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:43

App updates are REALLY unreliable for me. But I put that down to the servers being bashed.

#6 OP wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 21 September 2013 - 15:13

Definitely something wrong with app updates. My wife's 3GS with iOS 6 has Shazam v7 - but nothing on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 :(

#7 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 September 2013 - 19:02

I get badges on my App Store saying I need to update, I go to the store and there is no updates.

That is a known bug.  Was reported multiple times during beta.  Apparently not deemed important enough to be fixed for GM.

#8 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:19

I've yet to notice trouble with app updates but Siri on the iPhone is super slow. And sometimes returns a message that my request cannot be completed to try again later. Never had that happen in ios6.

#9 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:23

There is some kind of bug that was draining my wife's battery like no one's business. It was using about 10-15% of battery per hour. I went in and helped her cut some stuff off and it was much better. I thought it might be the new indexing feature, although I don't know that for sure.

#10 OP wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34

Battery use is a bit faster on my iPhone 5 and after a night on charge I awoke to the battery stuck on 95% luckily unplugging the wire and putting it back in has seen it charge to 100%.

#11 OP wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:39

Another one I've spotted (unless I'm missing something) is if you expand the text on an app update - there's no way to hide it again? The little arrow disappears.

#12 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• Phone: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:59

My text bubble doesnt expand properly in some cases.
The return button on the Tweet keyboard missing.

#13 The Guvnor

The Guvnor

Corl!! Stand Back!!

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad Mini 16GB WiFi

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:23

Ive had the settings app crash twice and flipboard crash once. The phone hanged when i was playing cut the rope and a buddy made a facetime audio call to me. This is iPhone 5 I am talking about! WTF Apple?

#14 OP wotsit

wotsit

Neowinian

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:19

I've noticed my clock app icon animation struggling today - the second hand is jittery and going back a couple of seconds and starting again... over and over. [iPhone 5] :(

#15 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 23 September 2013 - 20:20

I have a lot of crashes with Chrome and opening texts.  Phone hangs for a while and then drop to the Apple logo.