46 posts in this topic

Posted

After a Texas Applebee

Posted

The franchise owner should never have been forced to apologise.  Families like that ruin it for everyone else and they need to learn a little damned respect for people other than their own selfish asses.

I'd have done the same, ask them to leave, and if they didn't, call the cops and have them dragged out.

21 people like this

Posted

The franchise owner should never have been forced to apologise.  Families like that ruin it for everyone else and they need to learn a little damned respect for people other than their own selfish asses.

I'd have done the same, ask them to leave, and if they didn't, call the cops and have them dragged out.

I agree. I HATE  going out to eat and hear fussy fucking kids.. If I go out to a restaurant, it will be after 8 or I will go to a sports bar.. I don't want to hear your fucking snot nose fucking kid while I relax and try to fucking eat.

With that said, it was Ruby mother fucking Tuesdays, So I wouldn't expect anything less.. lol I try to avoid those places at all cost because most likely they will have families.. with kids.. YUCK  :x  :x 

So glad my wife doesn't want kids either :D  

2 people like this

Posted

Private establishment, they can kick out and trespass anyone they want.

8 people like this

Posted

Good for Applebee's.

And screaming rude kids has nothing to do with 'race'. :rolleyes:

3 people like this

Posted

If you can't keep your seed at the table, and quiet, then don't bring them out where you have others enjoying their time out.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree. I HATE  going out to eat and hear fussy ****ing kids.. If I go out to a restaurant, it will be after 8 or I will go to a sports bar.. I don't want to hear your ****ing snot nose ****ing kid while I relax and try to ****ing eat.

With that said, it was Ruby mother ****ing Tuesdays, So I wouldn't expect anything less.. lol I try to avoid those places at all cost because most likely they will have families.. with kids.. YUCK  :x  :x

So glad my wife doesn't want kids either :D

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with kids in a restaurant, just as long as they behave.  My kids behave perfectly well in such places, and did even when they were the ages of the ones on the article.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with kids in a restaurant, just as long as they behave.  My kids behave perfectly well in such places, and did even when they were the ages of the ones on the article.

I agree with you, and it is most of me being very easily annoyed more than anything.. If I can kids at another table, I will get out and walk out. lol  But, I also try to avoid that by eating out later and going to places that you don't normally bring kids. 

Posted

out at 10pm with a 3 and 1 year old? good luck getting them to sleep and not wake up an hour later

definitely responsible parenting there.....

1 person likes this

Posted

"I feel disrespected," Lillian Maliti, mother of 3-year-old Ryan and 1-year-old Ethan, told KHOU News in Houston on Wednesday. "This has never happened in my life."

I bet the other customers and the staff felt disrespected by her and her family.

6 people like this

Posted

I have to side with Applebee's on this.  Too many times bad parents let their children run amok and/or being outrageously loud.  That said, I think the following....1)  The bad parents should not have had their children out that late to begin with.  2)  If they can't control their kids, leave.  3)  In general, don't be selfish and have respect for the people around you in such situations.

2 people like this

Posted

Disrespected? Heartbroken? Something is clearly wrong with these people.

The emotion you should be feeling is embarrassment.

5 people like this

Posted

Applebees did nothing wrong and the parents didn't do anything right. Maybe they should go back when they learn to parent.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a parent.. I am very strict with my kids when we go for dinner.  They like to play which is fine, but they do like to climb under tables, and lay down in booths which I do not tolerate.  I know I feel embarrassed (which many parent may think i shouldn't).  If I was asked to leave, I would feel like I wasn't doing my job, I wasn't teaching my kids how to be respectful and behave when out.

2 people like this

Posted

I cant imagine seeing what happened, with a child running around screaming, the whole family making an ordeal, all the employees being around.

Posted

I applaud the manager for doing the things he did. Kids can potentally hurt themselves being allowed to run around like that. It was for everyone's benifit that that action was performed by the manager

1) The kids have to learn to behave in situations

2) The parents need to control them

3) The restaurant could have been sued if something happened to the kid

4) Ruining lots of meals. In both ways. If the kid runs into a waitress serving someone's food and the food gets spilled it will get on the guest, and might ruin clothes, phones, etc as well as waste food and wasted food = wasted money.

This is why around here I see more parents getting thier kids a tablet so they can play angry birds while the parents enjoy their meals and both parties are happy. 

2 people like this

Posted

This is why around here I see more parents getting thier kids a tablet so they can play angry birds while the parents enjoy their meals and both parties are happy. 

An excellent idea. Distraction goes a long way with a child.

1 person likes this

Posted

Parents with noisy kids should be banned from everywhere.

By law.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kids will be kids.  As much as I hate loads of kids screaming and running around, its ultimately down to the parents to control their kids.

3 people like this

Posted

We sometimes get a nice coffee shop or eatery open up where I stay. Only for 3 months down the line the place to be over run with Mum`s with a toddler/pram.

Which kinda sucks as on a nice day when I finish at 4pm, its nice to come back to my local area and sit and have a coffee/drink in one of these places.

Tho you can`t cause 75% (or there abouts) of the customers are Mums who are immune to the sound/annoyance of there child, and act with a god given right of entitlement, despite the fact there paying zero attention to the child whilst it screams its lungs out or runs around the tables.

In fact theres one place I wont name, but the amount of times Ive been in and someone brings a child in, only for the staff to all then stop work and huddle round for 20mins to inspect the child, or talk shite to mum while child runs about is insane. Shame aswell cause its a tasty wee place to eat, thus why I go back.

Distinctly remember the threat of being knocked the fuck out, if I misbehaved like these Mums allow there kids to do, and whats worse is theres a growing trend amongst the "better off" mothers now to ignore your child aswell.

Posted

I don't go out to restaurants because of the behaviour of other diners and their rowdy off-spring.

I am also getting pissed off with these adult allowing their off-spring to treat the supermarket like a playground.

It's always the same families where I live.

There are some very well behaved families that use the supermarket and restaurants, however, the bad outweigh the good!

1 person likes this

Posted

This place keeps a baby under the cash register and the cook goes around calling everyone 'fool'

http://www.yelp.com/biz/harolds-chicken-shack-madison

Really... a baby under the cash register? 

Here's another depressing looking place glad it closed:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lanchis-restaurant-superior

Posted

I am also getting ****ed off with these adult allowing their off-spring to treat the supermarket like a playground.

It's always the same families where I live.

There are some very well behaved families that use the supermarket and restaurants, however, the bad outweigh the good!

+1, having kids run mental in the supermarket, really great parenting!!

Remember some kids getting into one of those big football sack/display things. Needless to say, about 30-40 footballs of various sizes and colour bouncing down the aisles.

Posted

+1, having kids run mental in the supermarket, really great parenting!!

Remember some kids getting into one of those big football sack/display things. Needless to say, about 30-40 footballs of various sizes and colour bouncing down the aisles.

ASDA Kings Hill, is where it is at.

Soon as it's junior school chucking out time or a weekend they're at it.

Posted

A friend of mine has a kid who wanted to go to the park near my house.. the conversation went something like this

Kid: Mom can I go to the park

Mom :NO

Mom :NO

Mom :I SAID NO!!!!!

Mom :NO......OK fine go to the park.

Every morning when she wakes the daughter up for school (They are temporary staying with me, it goes something like this.)

Mom: Wake up!!!

Kid: Rolls over and goes back to sleep

Mom: WAKE UP WE HAVE TO GO

kid: Rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Finally she gets her out of bed and is usually late to school and late for work.

So last week I got to be the one to wake the kids up and take them to school. This is how it went

Warwagon: Wake up!

Warwagon: Walks over to the kid picks her up out of bed, sets her on the floor feet first and says "Good Morning"

We then arrived to school 2 mins early!

2 people like this